Aluminium Roof Top Tent and Gobi Rack

SnoRnR

Hi,
I have a Gobi Stealth with No rise on the front, mounted on a 2019 4runner. I am looking at aluminium roof tents Bush Company or Alucab. Haven’t found any mounted on a Gobi yet. Does anyone have one mounted on the cross bars. Hoping I won’t have to change the roof rack as it was a long wait and a pain to get.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Not a direct answer to your question, but simple to span across a Gobi with unistrut and bolt any tent that uses through-floor bolts to the unistrut.

TexasIsHome

I don't have an aluminum RTT, but I do have a 2017 4R with an XL RTT on a Gobi Stealth no rise. I have mounted it on the Gobi cross bars, but I thought they were a little to close to the roof rack and made it a pain to bolt it on. This is fine if you don't remove your RTT after every trip like I do, but I've since been using Yakima crossbars on Yakima Railgrab towers since they sit a bit higher and I can get my hand under the RTT. No need to get rid of the roof rack, but if you do, I've seen people sell it for what they paid for, some even more.

SnoRnR

I don't have an aluminum RTT, but I do have a 2017 4R with an XL RTT on a Gobi Stealth no rise. I have mounted it on the Gobi cross bars, but I thought they were a little to close to the roof rack and made it a pain to bolt it on. This is fine if you don't remove your RTT after every trip like I do, but I've since been using Yakima crossbars on Yakima Railgrab towers since they sit a bit higher and I can get my hand under the RTT. No need to get rid of the roof rack, but if you do, I've seen people sell it for what they paid for, some even more.

Thanks for the input. I am undecided wether to leave the tent on or not. If it lives full-time we will have to park outside. However, once I eventually get a lift and larger tires it will not fit in the garage anyway. I might just leave the tent on for the summer then remove for winter storage.

Dosh

Just following up on this thread, I'm in the same situation with a 2016 4Runner, Gobi stealth rack. Looking for a suitable roof top tent. Were you able to find one that fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior