AluBox versus...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
We've grown tired of using sub-par box store plastic containers to pack our gear in. Broken handles and clasps, flexed out and cracked lids, and questionable durability, they simply don't hold up nor were they ever really designed to be use in such a manner. I know that the ALU-Box has long been considered the product to beat but I am seeing a few polymer competitors on the market from both small and larger companies for less money. For those of you who have traveled down this road what did you end up with and why? Are Alubox's worth the asking price and if not what would you recommend and why?

J!m

Zarges boxes but mainly Europe only.

Pelican and/or Hardigg. Many sizes and shapes reasonable (considering lifetime warranty) pricing and quite durable. If an aluminum box gets dented or creased, you may have a problem. And although the airline industry does a very respectable job of destruction of pelican boxes, they can be repaired or replaced under warranty. (I had one that looked like they dragged it behind the tug with a corner worn through- only a 3/8” thick aluminum box would do as well)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles