Alu-Cab Tilting Fridge Slides

Mgyver1

Observer
Bump! Looking for real world reviews on this slide.

Also, does @rino know how much the large one weighs?

I have the small one for my Engel MT45. The quality for the most part is excellent, although there were a few cosmetic finish issues. It also comes with 4 aluminum L brackets designed to lay flat around the fridge’s feet to keep it from slipping around. The casting on the L brackets was pretty rough and while it was easy enough to file down it seemed like they could’ve done better with their QC. My other complaint is the width as there are several inches on either side with my fridge in the middle which makes for wasted space. I wish it was just a bit narrower as I know it would be more fitting for my Engel along with IndelBs and other brands.

The good parts are the quality of components and ease of use. The bearings are good and the latch mechanism is nice. I would still buy it again.

aaen

Adventurer
I've had my slide now for 4-5 months. I can say that after 20,000kms on dirt washboard roads ( I work on a horrible road), that it and my ARB elements fridge are intact and going strong!!

Absolutely love it

fireball

Explorer
Is there a way to lock out the tilt feature so that you can just pull the fridge straight out instead of also tilting down?

We are used to our straight slides and while it does place the fridge aqkwardly high in the back, it also means we don't have to move everything off the tailgate when we open the fridge!

fireball

Explorer
Awesome guys, thanks for the quick and helpful reply. Looks like I'll be giving @rino a call in the near future to order one of these up.

kklasman

I like what looks like a simple design, but it looks like it doesn't have any features to manage the weight of a fully loaded fridge when lowering and raising it back up. If true, that seems like it could be a lot to handle for short folks. I've seen only one video of the slide in use with a fridge on it and it looked rather easy to lift and slide back in but it didn't show whether the fridge was full or empty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz