Alu-Cab Tilting Fridge Slides

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
A fridge slide is a fridge slide, is a fridge slide. Or is it? At Alu-Cab we take great delight in innovation - reinventing the things that most people think can't be improved upon. Our fridge slides are a case in point. We build our slides out of a combination of aluminum and 3CR12 stainless steel, the former for its lightness and the latter for its strength and durability. This combination of materials allows for a fridge slide that's up to 5 kg lighter than the competition, and as any seasoned off-roader will tell you, lighter is better.

Then there are the bearings that we use. Most fridge slides feature telescopic drawer runners, very similar or even identical to the runners you'll find on the drawers in your kitchen at home. The problem is that the fridge slide in your 4x4 has to deal with very different conditions to what your kitchen is exposed to! Nope, hard experience has taught us that sealed bearings work better and last longer.

Perhaps one of the most innovative features of our fridge slide is its tilt facility. A deceptively simple design with no complicated linkages or moving parts allows your fridge to tilt downwards as it reaches the end of the slide. This allows you to more easily access its contents.

Finally, to sweeten the deal, we include a ratchet strap with every slide. We figured you're going to need one anyway to secure your fridge so it makes sense (and cents) to include one in the package. We also pack in a set of corner locators; these L-shaped brackets allow you to fix the fridge securely in place, so that it won't move around, regardless of conditions under tire.
http://ok4wd.com/alu-cab-tilting-fridge-slide

C0DA7F5B-697A-4F2F-B796-5516FF2BBEA4_zpsv2ovdb2z.jpg

7390CAB3-E970-4CDD-9AF4-9DBC66B7F35B_zps9mncto0p.jpg

1068E14F-915D-4009-9035-C6AD377E94C7_zpsi1os9czv.jpg

B8C2E660-D30B-4381-B234-19B62874F93E_zpseeesh2kk.jpg

FFA9E3B1-9B62-4643-BEEC-73AAE62C8291_zps6xyetgpp.jpg

FB2AB9E8-D95C-4D6F-97D8-A2F406D46641_zpsaqcardyu.jpg

E461E8BA-ED62-4ADD-8869-4C9FC222C125_zpse9stl45f.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
you going to ever bring in the alu cab toppers like they have in Africa ?

just curious :)

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
How about a bracket kit for the Shadow Awning to a K9 rack??? Not some one size fits all crap either.

Now as for the tilting slide, only draw back I can see is putting something like eggs in the front of the fridge, otherwise if your fridge is mounted higher up on cabinets, it's a great idea.

Honu

lost on the mainland
OK just googled that icarus :)
yeah that is cool but more a conversion I reckon ?

was more thinking regular pickup cabs
just remember when I had my conqueror and being on the South Africa forums seeing a lot of alu cab pickup canopies that were really cool
some had side doors etc.. but they were strong enough to mount RTT

again was more curious as they seem so nice and insane well built etc..

Are you referring to the ICARUS? :)

rino

How about a bracket kit for the Shadow Awning to a K9 rack??? Not some one size fits all crap either.

Now as for the tilting slide, only draw back I can see is putting something like eggs in the front of the fridge, otherwise if your fridge is mounted higher up on cabinets, it's a great idea.

We have had multiple customers ask about an awning mount for the K-9 rack and have asked for it from Alu-Cab. They have concerns about the corner structure similar to the pioneer platform from Rhino Rack. We do have a few pioneer platform test mounts here and judging by the results will look into a K-9 mount.

Thanks! :) It really makes all the difference on a tall drawer rig.

rino

OK just googled that icarus :)
yeah that is cool but more a conversion I reckon ?

was more thinking regular pickup cabs
just remember when I had my conqueror and being on the South Africa forums seeing a lot of alu cab pickup canopies that were really cool
some had side doors etc.. but they were strong enough to mount RTT

again was more curious as they seem so nice and insane well built etc..

Thanks! We currently import the Explorer canopies for 1st-3rd generation Tacomas here in the states, but come febuary the Ossewa and slide in Ossewa for Tacoma should be complete and we will be down in Cape Town "testing" them out. :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
WOW those things are awesome :)
I love the ones that go on the flat style backs that we can never seem to get here in the US :)

Thanks! We currently import the Explorer canopies for 1st-3rd generation Tacomas here in the states, but come febuary the Ossewa and slide in Ossewa for Tacoma should be complete and we will be down in Cape Town "testing" them out. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles