Alu-Cab Hercules Troopy Roof Coversion / Now in the USA!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Well I am from the Republic and based in Cape Town where they happen to be located. I have visited their offices with my request but it soon became very clear that they are now focussed on Corporate Clients and do not think that they need the business of the ave man on the street, so I really hope that the US market will be regarded as significant enough to get them to alter their design. They claim it is CAD so it really should not be rocket science for their design team, to turn what is essentially a good product, into an aesthetically more pleasing, good product ! If the US is also not regarded good enough then I hope the Australian market will be, so I shall for now at least, remain ever hopeful without holding my breath.

:rolleyes:

I don't think the US market will light the world on fire with troopy roof conversions (maybe it will :bigok:) enough to alter a proven global product but you never know. A bummer about them turning guys away, I know we have pushed them hard the past few months to ramp up our supply so we may be part of that problem.

TravelToy

Design isn't the nicest, but I for one -being a tall guy- love the fact they have a bed longer than 2 meters.
Didn't see them IRL yet, but going to do so very soon.
What I don't understand is why they put the lock for the pop top on the outside if they are so scared of lions :D
Would be nice not to have to get out of the car to open the tent, especially in bad weather.

umpqua

Observer
I will probably just call because I can't seem to remember to check here very often but does anyone have one of these on the West Coast (Portland area preferred)? I'm going to want to see one before I commit to a 9K purchase.

SkiBum506

Stoked that these are available in the states now. A pop top is on the list for my troopy, and now to only save up (you know the easy part). I wish that Trakka and Alu-Cab would just have a love child. The lines of the Trakka top, but the construction and openings of the Alu-Cab. Except for those external latches, I want to be able to open and close the top without exiting the vehicle. I don't see a clear winner and wish Alu-Cab would just update the design a little.

umpqua

Observer
If this was directed at me, absolutely. Right now we are putting in a 1HDT. Once all of the mechanicals are done then we move on to the inside. Hoping for composite cabinets.

umpqua

Observer
theres a build thread going on Mud. The 1HD-T is in and it's a rocket. The truck is in the body shop now. A very small amount of rust and a couple of dents. I have an appointment in SoCal in June for the inside build.

concretejungle

Adventurer
i'll jump on the bandwagon that this is a great product but seems ridiculous to import it into a country that doesn't have the vehicle it was designed for?! Now, if they made these for the 80 series or the 60 series, that would be a horse of a different color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier