Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
If you have ever searched for Alu-Cab products online you most likely have ran across Alu-Cab kitted safari rentals with "wood" boxes fitted above the cab and if you think anything like myself you wonder why. Well after a week long trip into the bush it became very clear how useful it is having this extra storage for fire wood, fire pits or anything too dirty to store inside the truck or camper. No more lugging wood in and out of the camper, stepping over it and sweeping up after it. Simply throw it in the Wood-Box where it is dry, secure and lockable.

So we had the engineers go back to the drawing board and revamp this old staple with a new latching system that can be operated from a single side of the vehicle and improved aerodynamics. What they created is the Wood-Box 2.0 which will be offered in two fitments to complement both Gen III roof top tents and Canopy & Khaya Campers. Furthermore we designed the lid to accept the Alu-Cab Traxmount making the most of the space and allowing storage of 2 or 4 Maxtrax and the sides to accept our horizontal Jerry Can Holders for total versatility for your overlanding needs.

KcSDH2h.jpg

UZOXCHj.jpg

bX62CQf.jpg

uWBFccS.jpg

9i2lVfQ.jpg

1HbvxQk.jpg

ptaks

What would be the best way to mount a CVT tent to these explorer canopies? My main issue would be single person mounting. I noticed that the RTT has C rails and I believe the canopy has T rails on the side edges and option for load bars? What do you suggest to be the most efficient and also lowest height option? I’m also trying to avoid height for garage parking. I didn’t know if mounting directly into canopy would support a weight of tent plus two adults.

rino

What would be the best way to mount a CVT tent to these explorer canopies? My main issue would be single person mounting. I noticed that the RTT has C rails and I believe the canopy has T rails on the side edges and option for load bars? What do you suggest to be the most efficient and also lowest height option? I’m also trying to avoid height for garage parking. I didn’t know if mounting directly into canopy would support a weight of tent plus two adults.

I would recommend the 1450mm load bar kit with the low profile foot pack option, which would place the load bar about 20mm off the rood allowing just enough room to mount up your RTT.

D62W6mZ.png

We rented some 79 Series Land Cruisers in Africa last year that were outfitted with AluCab rear bed cap like this..

https://bushlore.com/toyota-land-cruiser-79-4x4-camper-cruc2/

Do you know if AluCab will/can make one to fit the new Jeep Gladiator? They seem to be very similar in size...

Thanks.

That canopy but even better! The Canopy Camper utilizes a similar design but with an integrated bed like our Khaya Camper. I will personally ordering up a Gladiator as soon as Diesel Engine ordering opens up! :)

W3MwAQk.jpg

smlobx

Wanderer
No doubt! How do you like your GC ECO Diesel BTW?

It's been great. The only issue was that Jeep didn't install a plate to protect the DEF injector. I bought one in the aftermarket. It will be interesting to see how/what Jeep does to protect this on the JT, particularly in something like the Rubicon trim...

ClaysandBirds

If you have ever searched for Alu-Cab products online you most likely have ran across Alu-Cab kitted safari rentals with "wood" boxes fitted above the cab and if you think anything like myself you wonder why. Well after a week long trip into the bush it became very clear how useful it is having this extra storage for fire wood, fire pits or anything too dirty to store inside the truck or camper. No more lugging wood in and out of the camper, stepping over it and sweeping up after it. Simply throw it in the Wood-Box where it is dry, secure and lockable.

So we had the engineers go back to the drawing board and revamp this old staple with a new latching system that can be operated from a single side of the vehicle and improved aerodynamics. What they created is the Wood-Box 2.0 which will be offered in two fitments to complement both Gen III roof top tents and Canopy & Khaya Campers. Furthermore we designed the lid to accept the Alu-Cab Traxmount making the most of the space and allowing storage of 2 or 4 Maxtrax and the sides to accept our horizontal Jerry Can Holders for total versatility for your overlanding needs.

KcSDH2h.jpg

UZOXCHj.jpg

bX62CQf.jpg

uWBFccS.jpg

9i2lVfQ.jpg

1HbvxQk.jpg

Can you tell me the dimensions of the Woodbox 2.0? My 60 series roof is crowded as it is, but really like the system.

NudeLobster

@rino , does Alucab offer a removable cold weather insulation kit for the Expedition 3 a la JB and FSR? I thought I recalled seeing them somewhere but didnt see them on your site. I could be day dreaming....

rino

@rino , does Alucab offer a removable cold weather insulation kit for the Expedition 3 a la JB and FSR? I thought I recalled seeing them somewhere but didnt see them on your site. I could be day dreaming....

So we used to offer it, but around June of last year we implemented a new fabric design that is actually two layers of 400 gram canvas with no seams on the outer layer and all zippers and seams are sewn on the inner layer. This also doubles as an air gap between the layers and creates insulation and reduces condensation.

NudeLobster

So we used to offer it, but around June of last year we implemented a new fabric design that is actually two layers of 400 gram canvas with no seams on the outer layer and all zippers and seams are sewn on the inner layer. This also doubles as an air gap between the layers and creates insulation and reduces condensation.

Glad to hear I wasn't making it up! Is the old insulation kit compatible with the new fabric? It sounds like the new fabric definitely helps, though I'm sure you and anyone else who has camped below freezing temps can attest that every little bit helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online