Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

MDA

Observer
Looking forward to pricing also for the RTT and awning. BTW, how does the RTT bolt onto a rack? I have a frontrunner on an FJ Cruiser.

chmura

Adventurer
Looking forward to pricing also for the RTT and awning. BTW, how does the RTT bolt onto a rack? I have a frontrunner on an FJ Cruiser.

I am also looking forward to the pricing of the clam shell RTT from Alu-Cab. When will we know pricing and availability?

I just checked the weight of their RTT and it weights 172 lbs. Yes its made of aluminum but adding an additional 80 lbs for a roof rack you will have 252 lbs of minimum weight up there. Not sure if this is excessive or not. Say you add another 80lbs of cargo ontop of the RTT what would be a total of 332 lbs of weight while driving.

I off road my rig a lot and having that much weigh up there making me nervous.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD

The Alu-Cab Expedition 3 tent has a channel on the bottom and stainless mounts that slide in that channel. The front runner rack works perfectly (popular in South Africa) and the awning can be mounted either to the f/r rack or the tent directly.

rino

I am also looking forward to the pricing of the clam shell RTT from Alu-Cab. When will we know pricing and availability?

I just checked the weight of their RTT and it weights 172 lbs. Yes its made of aluminum but adding an additional 80 lbs for a roof rack you will have 252 lbs of minimum weight up there. Not sure if this is excessive or not. Say you add another 80lbs of cargo ontop of the RTT what would be a total of 332 lbs of weight while driving.

I off road my rig a lot and having that much weigh up there making me nervous.

Being weight conscious in a vehicle that will see some off camber and more aggressive trails is defiantly a great point. The Alu Cab Expedition 3 RTT weighs 172lbs, but a typical soft shell RTT will weigh 100lbs to some Eezi-Awn's topping 220lbs.

My personal JKUR has an AEV roof rack (67lbs), James Baroud Space Evo RTT (137lbs) and a James Baroud 6.5 Awning (17lbs) roughly 220lbs in total and I don't feel limited by that weight on which trails I feel comfortable. Granted some may take their rigs on more advanced trails then myself, but I feel this to be a very capable overlanding setup despite the additional 220lbs of roof weight.
C433FEAA-9F1B-4FCA-A624-9146BDF801F4_zpsg6t7xfqp.jpg

62BB5647-BEA6-4E96-9D6B-34A6832CC01E_zpse6vwho2m.jpg

F757DBD6-36B7-47B7-A8F3-12207C66FE32_zpsrm8igqq2.jpg

chmura

Adventurer
Being weight conscious in a vehicle that will see some off camber and more aggressive trails is defiantly a great point. The Alu Cab Expedition 3 RTT weighs 172lbs, but a typical soft shell RTT will weigh 100lbs to some Eezi-Awn's topping 220lbs.

My personal JKUR has an AEV roof rack (67lbs), James Baroud Space Evo RTT (137lbs) and a James Baroud 6.5 Awning (17lbs) roughly 220lbs in total and I don't feel limited by that weight on which trails I feel comfortable. Granted some may take their rigs on more advanced trails then myself, but I feel this to be a very capable overlanding setup despite the additional 220lbs of roof weight.

Sweet setup and Jeep you have there! Weight is always in the back of my mind..

Whats the cost of the Alu Cab Expedition 3 RTT? I really like how you can load up equipment on top of the tent.

Last edited:

rino

Sweet setup and Jeep jeep you have there! Weight is always in the back of my mind..

Whats the cost of the Alu Cab Expedition 3 RTT? I really like how you can load up equipment on top of the tent.

Thanks man! The Expedition 3 RTT looks like it will cost $3,499, I will know for sure hopefully by the end of the week.

rino

For anybody who wants another peak of AluCab products in use, Tune into the Travel Channel's Expedition Unknown!
4EDC3703-57F7-4E7B-A171-95C7DF7623B7_zpsbkihncrp.png

Kalahari Desert's Lost City

Josh traverses Africa's Kalahari Desert, looking for a fabled lost city.

TUNE IN FOR THIS EPISODE
WEDNESDAY
February 10
8pm | 7c
THURSDAY
February 11
3am | 2c
SUNDAY
February 14
12pm | 11c
WEDNESDAY
February 24
7pm | 6c
WEDNESDAY
March 16
11pm | 10c
THURSDAY
March 17
2am | 1c

enzo

Explorer
Hmmmmm might have to sell my nearly new Airtop and pick one of these up. Anyone on the east coast looking for a small Airtop?:sombrero:

jerdog53

Explorer
For anybody who wants another peak of AluCab products in use, Tune into the Travel Channel's Expedition Unknown!
4EDC3703-57F7-4E7B-A171-95C7DF7623B7_zpsbkihncrp.png

Kalahari Desert's Lost City

Josh traverses Africa's Kalahari Desert, looking for a fabled lost city.

I saw that when it first aired, nothing was said about the truck.

rino

I saw that when it first aired, nothing was said about the truck.

Did you see the camping and cooking scenes? They are not advertising or reviewing the product, but cool none the less to see AluCab on the Travel Channel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke