Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

harbinger808

Adventurer
4 person camper conversion that Alu-cab did for the Avis rental fleet... That's something I would spend some moolah on if it fits in a Tacoma DCPU.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
4 person camper conversion that Alu-cab did for the Avis rental fleet... That's something I would spend some moolah on if it fits in a Tacoma DCPU.

I thought it was pretty cool too. Cant find any interior shots though. I bet with the width and exterior storage trays its just a narrow pass through to the bunks. A nice modern aluminum cap with that pop up tent mounted top side would be nice. And leave the truck bed space usable for truck stuff.

Flippac is rumored to be working on something new and in aluminum. Could get interesting very soon regarding light simple pop top type options.

harbinger808

Adventurer
I spoke with Mario at AT and they were working on just a standalone Flippack RTT for those non pickup style vehicles too.
I hope hat things get worked out with both AT and Alu-cab here in the US. Looking to get a RTT before the Expo West Show :)

I thought it was pretty cool too. Cant find any interior shots though. I bet with the width and exterior storage trays its just a narrow pass through to the bunks. A nice modern aluminum cap with that pop up tent mounted top side would be nice. And leave the truck bed space usable for truck stuff.

Flippac is rumored to be working on something new and in aluminum. Could get interesting very soon regarding light simple pop top type options.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I spoke with Mario at AT and they were working on just a standalone Flippack RTT for those non pickup style vehicles too.
I hope hat things get worked out with both AT and Alu-cab here in the US. Looking to get a RTT before the Expo West Show :)

We have both AluCab & James Baroud rtt's in stock if you are looking for Expo West delivery

devin86

Rino look forward to seeing the booth at Harrisburg this weekend we will be there Saturday and Sunday!

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Question of the year is will Alu-cab USA be able to do the 75 series troopy conversions i keep drooling about. Every year or so i calculate how much it will cost to send my rig to SA or Germany to have it done.
Edit: Then look at my account and sigh deeply....

Last edited:

rino

Question of the year is will Alu-cab USA be able to do the 75 series troopy conversions i keep drooling about. Every year or so i calculate how much it will cost to send my rig to SA or Germany to have it done.
Edit: Then look at my account and sigh deeply....

In time will be able to order and install any Alu Cab products offered. We too have long drooled over Alu Cab offerings, in particular the Icarus!

Land-Rover-Defender-Icarus-by-Alu-Cab-3_zpsxsaqrw3k.jpg

harbinger808

Adventurer
MY wife and I are still torn between a Hardshell or Soft top RTT :( Hardshells are great for permanent install and stability in high winds as Ive researched, but nothing in comparison to overall interior space of a 2.4m Soft shell RTT. We really don't know what would be best for our growing family of 2 kids and need to invest in one to last the years to come.

We have both AluCab & James Baroud rtt's in stock if you are looking for Expo West delivery

devin86

Had a chance to check out the Alu Cab product today at the Outdoor show and talk to Rino and he was very helpful. The Alu Cab project look amazing and seem to be a top notch product I may be in the market for one of their 270* Shadow awnings depending on price point.

rino

MY wife and I are still torn between a Hardshell or Soft top RTT :( Hardshells are great for permanent install and stability in high winds as Ive researched, but nothing in comparison to overall interior space of a 2.4m Soft shell RTT. We really don't know what would be best for our growing family of 2 kids and need to invest in one to last the years to come.

A family of four is a great thing, however poses a challenge for RTT selection. Our James Baroud Grand Raid XXL tent can sleep three adults, but a growing family of four may be too tight.

I may suggest a two adult hard shell RTT and possibly a "kids" OZ Tent or similar tag along tent which can be attached to an awning and double as a changing room on the ground. :)

harbinger808

Adventurer
What will the final prices look like?... when i've been in ZA and looked at the prices there, the rand to dollar conversions make it an amazing deal but shipping items would obviously negate that. Will the end user here still see such a "deal"?...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior