Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

irish_11

Explorer
They are coming in time, we will be sending a few vehicles in the near future to South Africa for fitment. Tacoma 2nd and 3rd generations are our main focus.

Coming this July we will have production Tacoma 2nd / 3rd Canopies for Short / Long bed available in black and silver. We will also have the Expedition III roof top tent back in stock now in silver and black and lastly we will have our first shipment of the ICARUS roof conversions for the D110.

Good to hear. Like I said I saw a few over in Australia last year and was impressed. When you start looking into selling them state side let me know, I am interested. I know there is interest over on TacomaWorld as well.

dman93

Adventurer
They are coming in time, we will be sending a few vehicles in the near future to South Africa for fitment. Tacoma 2nd and 3rd generations are our main focus.

Coming this July we will have production Tacoma 2nd / 3rd Canopies for Short / Long bed available in black and silver. We will also have the Expedition III roof top tent back in stock now in silver and black and lastly we will have our first shipment of the ICARUS roof conversions for the D110.
@Rino - are you saying that Tacoma shells could be in the US in July? Sounds great, but seems optimistic if you have not yet sent any US market vehicles to SA for fitment ...

el_topu

Adventurer
Any word on when will the canopies be available for 2nd generation Tacomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
@Rino - are you saying that Tacoma shells could be in the US in July? Sounds great, but seems optimistic if you have not yet sent any US market vehicles to SA for fitment ...

Yes, our second order including Tacoma canopies should be leaving late this month from SA.

We had the bed(s) of both 2nd and 3rd gen Tacomas replicated in an auto cad program to give Alu Cab exact measurements. We have already received four prototypes for fitment and with slight renditions production has started for the units in SA.

We would most likely need to send a Tacoma for fitment of a flat bed camper, or possibly convert the complete rear frame section and suspension to an auto cad program. Sorry for the confusion.

rino

rino

Any word on pricing of the canopy yet? I'm more than interested at this point....

No doubt! From what it appears they will be $2499 short bed, $2599 long bed, empty sliding side cubbies $250 each, roof mounted table with holder $399. The base canopies will include LED lighting on both sides under the doors and under the rear hatch.

dman93

Adventurer
Nice! Appreciate the heads up, it looks like Walt from TAV (our south west dealer) has been helping with questions. Personally I'm not a member of TW, but may need to join. :)

Walt was very helpful with me over the phone. But Albuquerque is pretty far from me. Do you have a dealer on the west coast, especially one who might stock or have a demo canopy when they arrive, or even AluCab's RTT? Thanks.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Hey Rino,
I bought a Shadowawning up at the Expo and I can't get in touch with Fourtreks to see if any of their products might work with my Prospeed rack. Any other suggestions to get something for that rear section of the awning mount?
Mahalo

rino

Hey Rino,
I bought a Shadowawning up at the Expo and I can't get in touch with Fourtreks to see if any of their products might work with my Prospeed rack. Any other suggestions to get something for that rear section of the awning mount?
Mahalo

Sorry for the delay, I have been out for my honeymoon. :) But I'm now back to the grind. Were you able to get in touch with Four Treks?

harbinger808

Adventurer
Aloha Rino... HOMEYMOON FIRST :)
Happy wife Happy life!

Actually I havent :( I love my rack but it really looks like its going to be a pain in the *** to get a bracket made. My concern was that the Prospeed awning brackets allow any awning to fold flat to the rooftop and I would like to still keep that feature but willing to scrap it. Do you have the contact info of the gent that had the tricked out Tacoma in your display area from NM?... I lost his info.

Sorry for the delay, I have been out for my honeymoon. :) But I'm now back to the grind. Were you able to get in touch with Four Treks?

rino

haha no doubt.

Walt from TAV is the owner of that beautiful Tacoma.

Shoot me a pm with the info on those mounts again and I will see if there is a way with the ProSpeed mounts.

mimps

My mate has an Alu cab on his 70 series, it goes great. blends into his truck very well and super quick and easy to set up and put away. Theres only a few criticisms of it, The condensation inside builds up and that the rear door zips down rather than up. So it flops on your pillow or roll it up.

IMG_0031.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior