Alu-Cab Gen 3 Tents & Shadow Awnings in Stock

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I just had a shadow awning shipped and it weighs 53 lbs. it does have one leg on the longest corner that can come down, but in the two years I have had my other shadow awning, I never over used it.

HTH
Thx tracknod...seems we crossed posts :)...I always overestimate weight a bit just so there are no surprises. And Alu-Cab recently updated the awnings to 3 legs, so you must have received older stock. So far all the ones I received in my last stock order have 3 legs...

BDRXO

Wow.. they updated since March. Even Alu_cab has the old specs on their website. Thanks for info.
Ya...these guys innovate at a pretty rapid pace and are constantly field testing & updating products.

BDRXO

How does the shadow awning attach to a slimline frontrunner rack? And how much is the awning?
There is a bracket kit for that! The bracket kit is $129 and the Awning is $1,499
Shadow-FRSL2 Bracket.png

tracknod

Observer
Hey Brett,

I have a question about the new updated shadow awning with three legs. It looks like this may have been done to accommodate the attachment points for the room that you can buy. Do the rooms come with the 2 other legs or could I buy them separate? Like I have said previous, mine was purchased in March of 2019 and doesn’t have the two other legs. It does have the holes drilled into the arms for them though, but I’m not sure if they actually use the same arm on each as I haven’t measured. If Alucab does use the same arm, it would make sense as to why they are all drilled.

Also, on this same note, it looks as if all three arms are drilled for the top arm piece that raises the awning for rain run off. Both of my awnings only have one. My older shadow has a heavier plastic infused canvas on the underside to help with rips while the one bought this year doesn’t. Is there are way I could purchase two more of those arms to help with rain runoff? It would then be like the kingsman awning in this regard.

I guess what I am asking is if I can buy spare parts... lol

I would have PM’d you, but I’m sure others will have the same questions.

Thanks so much...

BDRXO

Hey Brett,

I have a question about the new updated shadow awning with three legs. It looks like this may have been done to accommodate the attachment points for the room that you can buy. Do the rooms come with the 2 other legs or could I buy them separate? Like I have said previous, mine was purchased in March of 2019 and doesn’t have the two other legs. It does have the holes drilled into the arms for them though, but I’m not sure if they actually use the same arm on each as I haven’t measured. If Alucab does use the same arm, it would make sense as to why they are all drilled.

Also, on this same note, it looks as if all three arms are drilled for the top arm piece that raises the awning for rain run off. Both of my awnings only have one. My older shadow has a heavier plastic infused canvas on the underside to help with rips while the one bought this year doesn’t. Is there are way I could purchase two more of those arms to help with rain runoff? It would then be like the kingsman awning in this regard.

I guess what I am asking is if I can buy spare parts... lol

I would have PM’d you, but I’m sure others will have the same questions.

Thanks so much...

Q#1 - No, the annex wall kit does not include extra down poles.

Q#2 - I just checked my dealer price list and they do offer the down poles in the Awning parts price list ($47 each). As for the availability of those parts on US soil, I'd have to check w/ the distributor.

Q#3 - What I don't see listed is the "rain pop-up" arms (or whatever they are calling them)

Where are you located? I'm just trying to determine if it would be easier for you to work directly w/ OK4WD for these parts since they should all be able to ship fairly easy

BDRXO

Another container of tents and awnings ships next week. Let's help get your fall build going...

BDRXO

Is it possible to order one of the side awnings for the tent entrance?
For sure. Please email me info@bdrxo.com and I can get you a quote. I don't stock these but can get you one on this container leaving this week which would avoid separate shipping costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles