Alu-Cab Explorer Canopy for short bed Tacoma

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
Back to the top. Open to reasonable offers. Would trade for a used KLR 650 :)

still available? if so would you consider a trade for Eezi Awn RTT with ARB awning? I can drive to you, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3118.JPG
    IMG_3118.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2512.JPG
    IMG_2512.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 222

jgatliff

It is still available, but I am not interested in the tent and awning. I appreciate the offer though. High quality firearms (Q, Noveske, Barrett), klr650, stuff for my 2018 4Runner are about all I would be interested in.

Last edited:
It is still available, but I am not interested in the tent and awning. I appreciate the offer though. High quality firearms (Q, Noveske, Barrett], klr650, stuff for my 2018 4Runner are about all I would be interested in.

Ok thank you! I have a 2018 short bed tacoma and just read the thread from above that it may not fit the tailgate area? I do have a Sig 1911 0.45 desert scorpion in perfect condition i could do on trade if that strikes your fancy, but again i'm not sure about the fit of your canopy. You had it on a 2nd gen tacoma??

jgatliff

I did have it on a second gen, so I am not sure how it would fit. As for the 1911, those are like $1100 new, the cap is a little over $3500 new, so the gun and $2000?

I did have it on a second gen, so I am not sure how it would fit. As for the 1911, those are like $1100 new, the cap is a little over $3500 new, so the gun and $2000?

yeah i have a third gen, i did some research and it def takes some modification at the tailgate. Going to hold out for a model that fits properly, good luck!

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
Intriguing for sure; need to go back and read in detail, but do you have any up to date photos since the original posting? I’m in Atlanta. (Have to sell my ARE Overland series shell)

Ok’s website isn’t loading for me right now; sorry for asking similar questions.

Edit: [once the website worked for me today] deleted previous duplicate questions.
1) Finish; smooth or tread plate, mill-finish or powder-coated silver / black. ?
2) Updated with newer latches and/or 3rd brake light?
3) Optional Finish: Dual-colour and colour-coding ?
4) Warranty paperwork?
5) Presumably no cupboards installed or tables?
6) Which load bar lengths? 1250mm and 1450mm
7) any wear and tear? anything noteworthy?
8) gaskets still in decent shape?
9) how has it been stored?

Last edited:

Jeffkimkp

if you ever are intrested in a trade, i have a 1x used eezi awn series 3 tent (1600 series) and rago fab bed bars i would trade.

jgatliff

Intriguing for sure; need to go back and read in detail, but do you have any up to date photos since the original posting? I’m in Atlanta. (Have to sell my ARE Overland series shell)

Ok’s website isn’t loading for me right now; sorry for asking similar questions.

Edit: [once the website worked for me today] deleted previous duplicate questions.
1) Finish; smooth or tread plate, mill-finish or powder-coated silver / black. ?
2) Updated with newer latches and/or 3rd brake light?
3) Optional Finish: Dual-colour and colour-coding ?
4) Warranty paperwork?
5) Presumably no cupboards installed or tables?
6) Which load bar lengths? 1250mm and 1450mm
7) any wear and tear? anything noteworthy?
8) gaskets still in decent shape?
9) how has it been stored?

I do not have any up to date phots but I could take some. To answer your questions:

1) smooth, black
2) old latches but does have the 3rd brake light
3) N/A
4) I don’t have any but I’m sure that could be had, Jim & Rino at OK4WD know me pretty well, they are the importer. The cap was purchased from Hiker trailer in Indiana.
5) correct
6) 1450 I’m pretty sure as that is the standard option for this cap
7) not really, it was only in the truck for 5 months and was garage kept.
8) yes
9) it is stored inside of a 6x10 enclosed cargo trailer out of the weather.

jgatliff

if you ever are intrested in a trade, i have a 1x used eezi awn series 3 tent (1600 series) and rago fab bed bars i would trade.

I am not interested in the tent and I can’t use the bed bars. I traded the Tacoma for a 4Runner, which is why I am selling the cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles