Alu-Cab Explorer Canopy for short bed Tacoma

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
This canopy was purchased new in September of 2017 and was installed on my 2015 Tacoma, I traded the Tacoma in February of 2018, so it was only on the truck a little under six months. The canopy is black and has the load bars. Asking $2700 but open to reasonable offers. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of it.

Last edited:

4xdog

Explorer
I'm guessing just like this one, yes?
https://ok4wd.com/alu-cab-explorer-canopy-for-toyota-tacoma

img_0845.jpg

jgatliff

Need more information, location, link to factory pictures model something.
Thanks

Here you go:

https://ok4wd.com/alu-cab-explorer-canopy-for-toyota-tacoma

You got it. OK 4WD is the US importer for these, so even though I did not purchase mine from them, it came from them :)

I have the long-bed version of this canopy on my 2016 and absolutely love it. IMO it's by far the best Tacoma canopy money can buy in the North American market.

Also FYI to potential buyers, the canopies are different between 2nd gen and 3rd gen Tacomas, and are not interchangeable without significant modifications to the tailgate area of the canopy.

Good luck with the sale!

I could not agree more with you, it is a killer canopy/camper shell and I do think that it is the best one available in the US right now. It's made for what we do, and it's super rugged. The only reason I'm selling mine is that I no longer have a Tacoma!

Thank you for the info regarding the 2nd /3rd gen, I wasn't aware of that.

Nashville Mark

This canopy was purchased new in September of 2017 and was installed on my 2015 Tacoma, I traded the Tacoma in February of 2018, so it was only on the truck a little under six months. The canopy is black and has the load bars. Asking $3000 but open to reasonable offers. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of it.
Pics please

jgatliff

Sorry I can’t take any pics at the moment, it is stored in my cargo trailer. If you’re local you’re welcome to come take a look at it. Shoot me a message.

Nashville Mark

Sorry I can’t take any pics at the moment, it is stored in my cargo trailer. If you’re local you’re welcome to come take a look at it. Shoot me a message.
So it’s a truck cap with tent on top, but you can’t acess it from the inside because it closed?

jgatliff

I’d like to get this out of my cargo trailer so I can use the trailer for other things, so how about a price drop to $2700.

jgatliff

Is it just the basic canopy or did you get some of the options with it when you bought it. If so what ones

This includes the load bars (cross bars to mount a tent, kayaks, whatever to). If you click the link to check it out at OK4WD, you’ll see the canopy and load bars comes to $3,518.95. So $2,700 is a pretty good savings :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles