alu cab expediton 3 my fourth and final RTT

Ive owned 4 RTTs and used them ALL a lot. I travle the country in an 80 series. And in order to pay for the super unleaded the supercharged fze demands I cant sleep in hotels AND pay the gas. So a RTT is key, Ive gone from a CVT to a roofnest to an Authome to finally the alu cab. and its a keeper heres why.

inexplorata

Good look at it, thanks! Now if I could somehow justify having a second tent for when I'm not traveling with the whole family, this would be the ticket.

Dozer Dan

Observer
Very good review!
I have been cozy with many roof tents on the market and the Alu-cab is one of the absolute best for sure. A couple of things I would personally like to see different but it's really really good.
I have a hard shell myself (not alu-cab) and I would never consider a clam shell tent but the price is absolutely putting people off. It's an investment, to say the least.
If you spend enough nights per year to justify it then it's absolutely worth it. I sleep better in my tent than in my bed at home, always wake up refreshed when camping, you can't put a price on that.

Stabwell

Ive owned 4 RTTs and used them ALL a lot. I travle the country in an 80 series. And in order to pay for the super unleaded the supercharged fze demands I cant sleep in hotels AND pay the gas. So a RTT is key, Ive gone from a CVT to a roofnest to an Authome to finally the alu cab. and its a keeper heres why.

Nice video review. I've had my Alu-cab since January and think it's totally worth the cost.

Just curious how you mounted it to your prinsu rack. You didn't use the stock mounting brackets from Alu-cab.

I've had mine mounted to some Alu-cab load bars on my 100, but just got a Dissent roof rack. I really like how yours is flush mounted to the rack and I'd like to do the same.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Richie, excited to see you are enjoying your Alu-Cab! If you are ever down our way stop by the shop so we can check out that LC.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Didn't you do another video recently of another tent that you liked even better, and THAT was going to be the last tent you'll buy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles