Alu-Cab Canopy for 3rd Gen Tacoma

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Purchased August 2018 for my 3rd Gen shortbed Tacoma.

It’s black with glass rear window with 1250 loadbar kit on low profile mounts.

Canopy/doors functions perfectly. Exterior has a few minor scuffs and pinstripes from being on the truck for the last 11 month but otherwise in great shape!

Details, pricing for new ones & specs @ https://ok4wd.com/brands/alucab/alu-cab-explorer-canopy-for-toyota-tacoma.

It’s an amazing topper and I’d keep it if I wasn’t moving into an Alu-Cab Canopy Camper later in June.

Currently on my truck but available for pickup at OK4WD now or after it comes off.

$1800 cash/Venmo/Paypal.
(sorry not interested in trades, etc)

Thanks for looking

0dd13f7c3b3d69c1cc1edb6bf2c5f7d4.jpg

d4a336c32bbfdd3b917b847954bd64bd.jpg

84c7975b244df2add598c10e84df4b86.jpg

8d5c73343320176b5a874298802cc889.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi m(a)ce I am interested in your canopy but I’ve got a 2nd gen. Not sure if it can be converted tho. I can try to get ahold of Rin on Monday and see what he says about conversion. Let me know if it’s still for sale. Thanks, Brian.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Hi m(a)ce I am interested in your canopy but I’ve got a 2nd gen. Not sure if it can be converted tho. I can try to get ahold of Rin on Monday and see what he says about conversion. Let me know if it’s still for sale. Thanks, Brian.

thanks for the interest. that would definitely be a question for Rin. I’ll see him later this week and can ask too.

currently sale is pending to Clymber.

regardless I really recommend these canopies - they’re super solid.

thanks for the interest. that would definitely be a question for Rin. I’ll see him later this week and can ask too.

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if the sale falls through. I’ll be talking to Rin and definitely picking one up soon. Had a chance to look at a few on tacos up in VT a while back and I’m sold on the construction of the Alu-Cab. Heading to Newfoundland mid August and it’s time to upgrade from the Softtopper.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Canopy is available.
Sale didn’t work out since buyer wanted it for 2nd Gen.

Note the bed sizing isn’t generation cross compatible for the AluCab canopies - this is for 3rd Gen Shortbed only.

Canopy is now off the Taco and at OK4WD for pickup.

Also: Rin said a 2nd Gen used one is or will be available shortly

Contact Rin @ OK4WD directly for info on the 2nd Gen one.

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if the sale falls through. I’ll be talking to Rin and definitely picking one up soon. Had a chance to look at a few on tacos up in VT a while back and I’m sold on the construction of the Alu-Cab. Heading to Newfoundland mid August and it’s time to upgrade from the Softtopper.

Oh sweet! That trip will be a blast! You’ll dig the canopy!

Also see above about a used 2nd Gen

Hey thanks I'll email Rin today. I talked to someone at OK and they said a 3rd gen could work on 2nd but were vague about it. Thanks again and if I talk to anybody looking for a 3rd gen I'll send them your way.

Just talked to Rin and looks like I'm good to go on that other canopy. I think I met you when you were camping in VT with him and Chris Shontz came into camp. I had the grey taco from RI and theblack and white English pointer.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Just talked to Rin and looks like I'm good to go on that other canopy. I think I met you when you were camping in VT with him and Chris Shontz came into camp. I had the grey taco from RI and theblack and white English pointer.

yeah totally met you and your solid dog! haha

that’s great you worked it out with Rin- enjoy the canopy! thank you for sharing my canopy post for anyone looking for a 3rd gen version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles