Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

lumis

Thanks - I realize removing the tailgate is mandatory, I was just curious if anyone had removed the OEM camera and remounted on a camper shell and/or done a new camera tied into the wiring harness. I'll keep poking about..

I think I am going to remove the OEM camera from my tailgate and use the existing harness and mount it near the license plate. This is what they did with one of the trucks at expo east with the camper-canopy. I will follow up with how it goes once i get the Canopy on at the end of Jan

Clinton Morse

I look forward to hearing how it goes. I've also read about some aftermarket backup lights/camera combos for vans that could potentially be mounted above the door and extend the existing harness up the back panel.

what are the main differences between this and the Khaya? Is this kind of like the shell version with just a tent, etc. I like the look, saw the display at expo east, but am still unfamiliar with the difference in the available levels / options.

Thank you for summarizing.

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
what are the main differences between this and the Khaya? Is this kind of like the shell version with just a tent, etc. I like the look, saw the display at expo east, but am still unfamiliar with the difference in the available levels / options.

Thank you for summarizing.

I guess the main difference is that the Khaya is a fully self-contained drive-off unit that can easily be removed (and or) re-installed in about 15 minutes.

The Canopy Camper of the other hand is essentially a bolt-on aluminum bed topper with a built-in tent that will be more of a permanent fixture and is better suited to those who wish to custom configure their bed.

As for options, I've attached PDF's with full options list for both and 2 good walk-around videos of each. Hope that helps clarify...

Canopy Camper Video;

Khaya Camper Video;

Attachments

• CanopyCamper (1).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 299
  • Khaya Pricing_Austin 11-27-18 - 2018 Pricing.pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 191

BDRXO

Gary, When will you start seeing the Canopy Campers?
We are taking orders now with about 12 weeks lead time from order to delivery at our shop. We won't be keeping these in stock until late spring 2019 and most will be Tacoma/Colorado short bed models based on market demand.

Runt

Adventurer
What is the weight of the Alu-Cab Canopy camper? Need to know if I have to factor in new rear springs to the purchase price.

Last edited:

BDRXO

What is the weight of the Alu-Cab Canopy camper? Need to know if I have to factor in new rear springs to the purchase price.

No need to have beefed up suspension for the Canopy Campers...they only weigh about 350-450lbs depending on options. Adding something like Timbren bump stops may be a good idea and only cost about $200

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles