Alternator woes on a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

ChrisCosta416

Welp , just installed my new ARB bumper and a day later my Alternator starts to die. For those interested, I attached a picture of the warning signs.

Anyone know what is a good brand alternator to put in? I want to go OEM but not looking to spend 480$

Also do you think my splicing of my turn signals cause these lights or the alternator to go bad?! I am pretty dumb when it comes to electronics.

Attachments

• 2018-12-26 13.31.56.jpg
    2018-12-26 13.31.56.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Splicing into the turn signal wires for your ARB bumper would not cause your alternator to die.

Denso (part # 210-4178) is what I would look into...

SONICMASD

Adventurer
FYI - I doubt this helps you but I have a 100amp genuine Mitsu alternator that needs to be rebuilt. You can have it for free if you like, just pay $8-12ish for shipping.

mires

Adventurer
I'm not sure if the full size is the same but I had a Montero Sport with the 3.5l V6 and they were notorious for leaking oil onto the alternator which would fry them prematurely. It's been a while but I think it was maybe the cam seals that leaked or maybe just the valve cover gaskets. Either way, take a close look and fix any oil leaks if present.

ChrisCosta416

Thanks for the advice mires, I had the Valve cover gaskets and pretty much all top end maintenance done a few months ago! It died of old age!

tj90

I can't believe I'm about to write this, but I've been happy with the autozone duralast gold alternator I bought 40k miles ago. Lifetime warranty. I rebuilt my original from a reputable alternator shop, but it crapped out pretty quick. I remember the owner was telling me there wasn't many part options frim his typical alt part suppliers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles