Alternative to a bicycle

Teachyboy

I've been researching and planning my overland build. Really thinking about something like this.
I will probably end up fabbing a custom trailer to carry groceries, dog, firewood etc. Pricey but so is a high end ebike but I can save a ton of space over a ebike.

phsycle

Adventurer
I've been researching and planning my overland build. Really thinking about something like this.
I will probably end up fabbing a custom trailer to carry groceries, dog, firewood etc. Pricey but so is a high end ebike but I can save a ton of space over a ebike.

Didn't even interest me enough to watch the whole thing, but how much does it tow?

Don't know how much it costs, but even if it were 1/2 the cost of an ebike, I'd rather have an ebike as it would be much more flexible and capable.

OOORRRRRR...........Just buy a bicycle!

Teachyboy

I ebike would be more flexible but not nearly as compact. They say you can tow an adult if you find a trailer that will work. Another thing is the board is small enough to take on public transportation, which would have be nice with some of the exploring I want to do.

F350joe

I can see it being very useful while camping. May not be as practical as a bike but the size makes it attractive. That fits in a SUV no problem and can be pulled out easily and easier to stash at a trail head. bikes need a rack which is more weight, less secure, and usually in the way. I say get one a gives us some updates on how you use it.

phsycle

Adventurer
Have you guys ridden a mountain “skate” board on dirt? Maybe all of you are more athletic and coordinated than I am. Little rocks and dips sent me flying. Give me a bicycle any day of the week. Even if it’s a folding bike if you’re worried about space (ie Brompton).

I will say riding a friend’s Boost board was fun on paved trails. I’d not want to pull a trailer or go Offroad on one, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA