Alpine 9 inch touchscreen install

russya

Just thought I would share a few pictures of an install I just did of the Alpine Halo 9 headunit in my 3rd gen. I relocated the climate controls like a lot of people have with double din installs, but since this is a single din headunit, I kept the factory DVD player and relocated it up to take up the extra space and also, to make this completely reversible if I didn’t like it.

So far it works great and the ergonomics are pretty good. One nice touch with this unit is the ability to add an additional module that allows you to control switched items like light bars and winches from the head unit, so you don’t need to add switches to control anything to your interior.

a2b23c4d449359b17ebace2081f6d3c9.jpg

I added the USB port inside one of the blanch switches by the traction control switch. Which I happened to notice has wiring attached to the blank between the heated seats and the fractional control switch. This is where the rear locker switch would be in markets that the pajero has that option. Is the car pre wired for the factory locker? Is there wiring in the back by the rear diff?

6756c3bc0332f1c98d38c5b58db5922e.jpg

Added the mitsu logo to the background to make it look a little more factory.

91cf1c9799bc33eee83a8f3d91584723.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 527359

Last edited:

russya

Looks great! How hard was it to relocate the climate controls?

Not hard at all. Just four screws hold it in, you unplug two connectors and a hose. Move down and reconnect. The hardest part was getting the DVD player reconnected because the wiring barely stretched far enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online