Alpicool Fridge/Freezers?

TantoTrailers

Well damn...it looks like 2 of the MK25 would fit perfectly in my rear galley where I currently have 2 20QT Orca coolers....hmmmm

perkj

Explorer
Alpicool C15 worked great as a freezer for this past weekend's camp trip. With air temps in the 90s the kids loved it when I pull out freeze pops during the day and then drum sticks for dessert at night. Running it as a freezer in those temps did have the compressor working overtime which means it was pulling valuable amp hours from my Group 31. With the ARB 50 on fridge duty, the 100W panel was absolutely required to be deployed during sunlight hours to keep up and have just enough juice to get thru the night. Next time I'll bring an extra 100W panel for a total of 200W to ensure I can top off the battery each day and keep up with the pull from the compressors.

Last edited:

perkj

Explorer
Thats good to hear. I just picked one up on a lightning deal for $160 shipped. I biggest complaint I seem to read is they go into runaway mode and the compressor never shuts off freezing everything and killing the battery. I might look into a external volatage controlled shutoff.

I also figure for this price I can try and clean up the wiring and maybe improve some if the faults.

@CaliMobber I'd be interested to see what you come up with for the cleaning up the wiring....I assume you mean relocating the temp sensor?

RDinNHand AZ

I bought a CF35 last spring and used it throughout the summer on my WATTBOX or plugged in to the cigar lighter. It cost $299 on Amazon and now I see it for $279. Nice single box refrigerator with a small added cooler bin. The app does bluetooth and sends up the temp to my phone and I can do the settings from the phone too. It runs about 12 minutes per hour when at 75-80º and draws 3.3 amps.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
subscribing to this thread in case anyone takes pics of the temp sensor mod!!
Not sure about the temp sensor mod but really happy w ours used it camping for long weekends and at home occasionally. CF55 set it around 20 and it froze everything solid. Temps seem accurate, app is cool too.Paid $359 Amazon now $319

25F2D9F5-676E-4A9A-960C-24155302F913.jpeg

alia176

Explorer
Looks like Alpicool has a T50 and LGT50 with truly dual zone temps and setpoints. One of the reviewer did a thorough test on the T50 with predictable and decent results.

mousehunter

I have an older 2 zone unit (different brand) - but I just ordered one of these. My unit has worked well - but it is big and heavy for daily use. I ordered the 19lt - I think it is about the smallest size that will allow a water bottle (or beer bottle) to stand upright. Not sure if it will live in my jeep, or by my desk yet - my current desk fridge simply does not fit water bottles. Biggest issues with my current unit is it weighs almost 75lbs (so I hate moving it from place to place), and it is somewhat too tall (19") to want to put under a sleeping platform.

I am upgrading my rack system, so 50/50 I will end up putting my solar system on the Jeep eventually. It has been sitting unused for several years - but worked great on a cross country trip years ago. Will need to get a decent battery for it if I move it to the jeep to keep a cooler running 24/7. Only problem I had with it in the past was a battery that was at end of life. It could not run the system completely overnight - but would kick in early enough in the morning that nothing warmed up.

Summit Racing sells this 55L fridge under their brand name.
sum-p01061_xl.jpg

They sell it for $319 as well.
I bought one of these from them for a Jeeping trip to Ouray. When it came in the latch was broken, but I left in two days from delivery so I just used it for the trip.
Summit replaced it with another, but it was broken just like the first.
So they sent me a third, and this time it was fine.
I will say the first one worked GREAT!
I will never use an ice chest again. Nice not having soggy food.

alia176

Explorer
Summit Racing sells this 55L fridge under their brand name. They sell it for $319 as well.
I bought one of these from them for a Jeeping trip to Ouray. When it came in the latch was broken, but I left in two days from delivery so I just used it for the trip.

I have had my Alpicool 55 for almost two years and love it. We were Toyota-ing in Ouray all last week w/o a hitch. For the price point, I highly recommend it. Mine is the LG compressor, with a 5 yr warranty, if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles