Alpicool Fridge/Freezers?

86scotty

Cynic
I have had my Alpicool 55 for almost two years and love it. We were Toyota-ing in Ouray all last week w/o a hitch. For the price point, I highly recommend it. Mine is the LG compressor, with a 5 yr warranty, if that helps.

How do you know it has an LG compressor? Is that listed in the specs? I bought an Alpicool earlier this year that had no compressor brand in the specs, so I'm just curious. I assumed for what I paid it had the cheapest of the cheapest Chinese compressor. It works great though and I have no complaints. I did buy an extra warranty on the fridge.

alia176

Explorer
How do you know it has an LG compressor? Is that listed in the specs? I bought an Alpicool earlier this year that had no compressor brand in the specs, so I'm just curious. I assumed for what I paid it had the cheapest of the cheapest Chinese compressor. It works great though and I have no complaints. I did buy an extra warranty on the fridge.

I pulled up my amazon order and found this:

1660272476284.png

1660272517005.png

Sweet!
Nice to know for sure.
Like I said, This thing worked great for my road trip.
The new one is working great as well.
I am sooo glad I bought it from Summit Racing. They stand by their products no matter what. Plus they give you free shipping on orders over $100. They have spent a lot making things right on this thing for sure.

snowfiend

Has anyone tried the new Alpicool battery/solar-supplemented coolers? Seems like a good solution for when you might be without battery for a few days or when you want to leave the cooler at the campsite with people and keep it running. The TAW models look interesting with the separated zones and lids. $419 for the 48qt and batteries run $150-200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier