Almost a HAM.... Maybe.

7wt

Expedition Leader
You will do fine providing you know everything there is to know about radio. Just kidding, good luck!

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Don't get all tied up in knots about it - it's not really too difficult. If you've been taking the practice tests I'm sure you'll do fine.

Good luck! :victory:

soonenough

Explorer
The only studying I did was taking the QRZ.com practice tests on and off for a few weeks, and I got every question right when I took the real test. I'd go through those tests today if you haven't already; if you can get decent scores on them, you should be fine.

NAILED IT!

33/35, and I didn't even cheat! :victory:

Should have my callsign by week's end. See y'all on the net!!

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone.

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
Congratulations!

Now that you've done it, I think the VE's make it as easy as possible. Their goal is to increase the number of hams, after all.

The FCC publishes a very large list of questions, and tells the VE's to choose so many from each section. Some in each section are perhaps more difficult, some less. The VE's try and get the easy ones.

Back in the old days the FCC administered the tests (including code) and their motivation was to stay employed administering tests, so the tests were I think more difficult. I like the new way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior