Allan Tone Stole $1100

Lcooley

Allan Tone was the owner of the company formerly known as SprinterEngineering out of Salt Lake City. I ordered a pair of swivel seats from him and after 3 months of run-around I got an email saying he has gone out business. I’ve been able to reach out to other people who have done business with him and this seems to be his mode of operation. Start a business take a bunch of peoples money then move on to the next thing. On one website he describes himself as a “serial entrepreneur”. I would not be surprised if he pops up again doing van conversion and selling parts. Save yourself the hassle and if you see the name Allan Tone RUN!!!

I just googled the name. I will not post the link, but his linkedin profile was first on the results. He has a pretty extensive LinkedIn profile. It says a lot about him. With a resume like that I am sure anybody would trust in him. Too bad to hear he took your money and ran with it. I hope you get your money back.

jadmt

ignore button user
scammers will often do that to gain trust. Too bad Linkedin would not do something to identify known scammers.

allantone

Allan Tone was the owner of the company formerly known as SprinterEngineering out of Salt Lake City. I ordered a pair of swivel seats from him and after 3 months of run-around I got an email saying he has gone out business. I’ve been able to reach out to other people who have done business with him and this seems to be his mode of operation. Start a business take a bunch of peoples money then move on to the next thing. On one website he describes himself as a “serial entrepreneur”. I would not be surprised if he pops up again doing van conversion and selling parts. Save yourself the hassle and if you see the name Allan Tone RUN!!!

Laynne Cooley continues to slander me, but the fact is that the business partners decided to shutter SprinterEngineering, not just me, and the complete and legal process for closing a corporation was, and is, being followed. Laynne even filed a complaint with the Utah Consumer Protection department which was dismissed within hours of hearing the ENTIRE story. Laynne was advised by SprinterEngineering to file a claim through the proper channel, or to request a refund from his CC company that would not be disputed. He has his money back. If you are reading this please remember that every story has two sides and it's usually not black and white.

javajoe79

Fabricator
Laynne Cooley continues to slander me, but the fact is that the business partners decided to shutter SprinterEngineering, not just me, and the complete and legal process for closing a corporation was, and is, being followed. Laynne even filed a complaint with the Utah Consumer Protection department which was dismissed within hours of hearing the ENTIRE story. Laynne was advised by SprinterEngineering to file a claim through the proper channel, or to request a refund from his CC company that would not be disputed. He has his money back. If you are reading this please remember that every story has two sides and it's usually not black and white.
It doesn't sound like slander though. Why force someone to take action to get back the money that they paid you for something that you didn't provide?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
It doesn't sound like slander though. Why force someone to take action to get back the money that they paid you for something that you didn't provide?

Bankruptcy maybe? A bankruptcy trustee isn't going to release anything out of the bankruptcy estate without proof of a legitimate claim.

javajoe79

Fabricator
Bankruptcy maybe? A bankruptcy trustee isn't going to release anything out of the bankruptcy estate without proof of a legitimate claim.
Probably but I’m more concerned with how he seems to think it’s ok to take money for a product and not deliver. Then 3 months of run around to finally be told that a cc chargeback needs to be done.
Bankruptcy is often just a way to legally avoid responsibility if you ask me.

javajoe79

Fabricator
By all means, tell the other side of the story. Start with why you took money and didn’t get the man his seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz