All-Pro Offroad’s newest Expedition Tacoma Build - APex1 " Brownie "

JonB

Observer
For someone using an RTT on these racks (which are pretty cool IMO). Are any of you also using the slip on annex/changing room too? If so, is there enough headroom?

Individual truck surely comes into play; suspension/lift/tires...

Personally, I've had my RTT at that 'mid' height before and even at 5'9" I had to stoop, plus the annex walls would billow in any winds.

Specifically, to the OP - All-Pro - your hoops are comprised of four bends. Was this an aesthetic choice to add two bends at the bottoms of the hoop legs? Or is there a engineering/design preference to the legs attaching to the rails vertically? "|" vs "/"

The hoop design is mostly for aesthetics. The area of the hoop between the upper and lower bend follow the cab lines and give it some style in my opinion, instead of making one 90* bend at the top and having it look like a covered wagon. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to stying though.

All-Pro Offroad

Supporting Sponsor - All-Pro Offroad
We had a great time at the Overland Expo and getting to meet so many of our customers and other vendors was amazing!

Here are a couple shots of our Brownie posted up in the All-Pro booth.

allpro_ox_1.1.jpg

allpro_ox_4.5.jpg

Proudly sporting the FrontRunner SlimLine2 roof rack that we custom modified to fit the access cab (hopefully this will be available for purchase soon) and the brand new ARB Kakadu rooftop tent was a hit, perfect for those in warmer climates.

All-Pro Offroad

We had the chance to take Brownie out to Moab for the TCT Magazine Rock Therapy event and had a blast putting this build to the test over various rocks and obstacles. Although this is not a crawler, you never know what you might run into on the trail and its best to have a rig that is built and capable enough to get you into and out of any situation.

allpro_rocktherapy_3.8.jpg

allpro_rocktherapy_1.9.jpg

84scrambler

Observer
looks great, are you going to come out with a 5th gen 4runner though? Did you guys ever fill the position, it is hot here and i want to move so bad

All-Pro Offroad

looks great, are you going to come out with a 5th gen 4runner though? Did you guys ever fill the position, it is hot here and i want to move so bad

We hope to start getting into more 4Runner generations later this year. We currently have the position filled but you never know when another one might open up ;)

All-Pro Offroad

Is that a rigid light bar on the roof rack? looks to be a perfect fit, width wise.

This one is actually a Baja Designs 40" bar we had laying around from another build.
We got the idea from DefconBrix. He has a 40" Rigid Industries SR series. Both fit perfectly though.

Tiki

Observer
Beautiful works boys. Every time I see one of your builds it makes me want to run out and get a Toyota. Start building bow-tie parts :drool:

All-Pro Offroad

Beautiful works boys. Every time I see one of your builds it makes me want to run out and get a Toyota. Start building bow-tie parts :drool:

Thank you so much Tiki! Maybe just use the bow-tie as your daily driver and get a Toyota as you adventure mobile ;)

All-Pro Offroad

Do we have any Montana fans on here?
We absolutely love everything Montana has to offer and we have built & equipped our Tacoma accordingly.

brownie_boat.jpg

All-Pro Offroad

Should we do anything else to Brownie or leave it as is?

Or a better question...

If it was yours, what would you add to it?

tyv12

Adventurer
From Alberta real close by, brownie build is awesome, how is it holding up as far as alignment/ifs is concerned with the big tires?
And just start building more 1 gen tundra parts and you'll be hearing from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Should we do anything else to Brownie or leave it as is?

Or a better question...

If it was yours, what would you add to it?

I would like to see you put it through the paces for 100k miles and report the findings in this thread. I am very curious to see a "case study" for a completely awesome and professional build such as the Brownie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior