Aliner Trailers

czukie

Has anyone had experience with the Aliner Offroad Trailers before? I know they are clearly not meant for overlanding, however, they look like a decent option for FS roads.

jadmt

ignore button user
I just sold a 2019 Ranger 12 offroad. I bought it new and kept it 6 months. It was a great little trailer but even a mildly rough FS road would shake it apart. One issue is the there is no real solid support for the walls when they are folded down and I can see the long hinges bending and wearing out if too much rough road travel. They are simply not put together well enough. Even on smooth roads I had to tighten screws after every trip. that said I plan on getting another but the next size up. We did a lot of camping and it was pretty small if going for longer than 3 or 4 days.
IMG_20190821_175107978_zpshixr4ghf.jpg

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I have had a couple of them, I love Aliners. They are the best of the a=frame style trailers. The only reason I don't have one now is we out grew it. t

jwiereng

They appear to keep their value, so if you can get a used one, I bet you would not take much of a loss after you used it for a few seasons.

jus passin thru

Adventurer
I’ve just bought a Titanium 12 the big feature is 15” wheels with off road tires and a 45’ axel both of which give you great ground clearance, the remainder is the same. I don’t see doing much more than FS roads with the ability to cross the berm and camp a few yards away from the road. I had an Intech trailer it was tough but we just got tied of getting dressed laying down. The trailer had go into the garage and the Aliner does that. Plus I live in SoAZ so there is a lot of open land camping. M

4x4sporty

Check out slim potatohead he does a lot of backcountry camping with an Aliner.

ShiverMeTimbers

IMG_20190906_165515(1).jpg

We purchased an Aliner Expedition last summer. For me, my wife, and our 5 year old daughter and 50 lb dog its fine for long weekends. I'm currently looking into lifting it and putting bigger tires for FS roads around the Olympic Peninsula and Cascades. I currently tow with an F150 4x4 but am upgrading to a F250 Tremor because I also need to tow a boat and the F150 gets a little unstable on the highway with a 9500lb boat/trailer combo. The F150 is brilliant for towing the Aliner tho. Barely feel it back there.

Overall we're happy with the Aliner Expedition, but I don't plan on dragging it across any rock gardens.

Grassland

View attachment 565410

We purchased an Aliner Expedition last summer. For me, my wife, and our 5 year old daughter and 50 lb dog its fine for long weekends. I'm currently looking into lifting it and putting bigger tires for FS roads around the Olympic Peninsula and Cascades. I currently tow with an F150 4x4 but am upgrading to a F250 Tremor because I also need to tow a boat and the F150 gets a little unstable on the highway with a 9500lb boat/trailer combo. The F150 is brilliant for towing the Aliner tho. Barely feel it back there.

Overall we're happy with the Aliner Expedition, but I don't plan on dragging it across any rock gardens.

That F150 looks like a clean build, what all have you done to it?

jadmt

ignore button user
Can anyone with an "off-road" packaged Aliner have a look underneath and share how the frame is built? I've read mixed information online.

Is the frame fully boxed? What size steel?

And has anyone considered upgrading the suspension? I'd imagine quality suspension would alleviate a lot of the loose-fastener/bent-hinge issues encountered on FS roads.
The frame on the offroad package is exactly the same as the standard package. The only difference is the axle and the tires. The torsion axle on the offroad package has a bit higher gvwr and is at a different degree. Frame is light weight. not sure of the actual thickness as i sold mine but it is thin

ShiverMeTimbers

That F150 looks like a clean build, what all have you done to it?

Thanks Grassland! I'm actually selling it because I need something bigger to tow my boat. Its in great shape, 32k miles, one owner. Here is my post on Hewescraftowners.com

Available mid March or possibly earlier, depending on when my F250 comes in. This truck is in great condition, one owner, only 32,0000 miles and I still have the window sticker. I thought this was going to be my forever truck so I have taken good care of her. I run full synthetic oil, changed when oil meter says 30% life left. Brake fluid was flushed last winter.

Lithium Grey, Sport Package with sport cloth interior.

Max Tow package, rated for 11,600. Factory trailer plugs installed.

SnugTop Rebel canopy top with Yakima rails factory installed.
Bed Rug installed.
Bilstein 5100 shocks front & rear with 1.5" level in front.
Falken AT3W 285/70R17 tires and aftermarket wheels.
AirLift air bags installed, manual inflation (compressor can be added if you want, but I use an air compressor or bike pump).
Weathertech floor mats front & rear.
Aftermarket headlight bulbs.

I keep my boat in a slip, so the only towing I did was a few trips up to Port Angeles, Port Townsend, and Belingham, and towing 2 miles from the harbor to the house.

I get 15mpg towing the Aliner and I don't even feel it back there.

Asking $31,000.

and pics here https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZpN1oDg6q3REtQr6

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I just sold a 2019 Ranger 12 offroad. I bought it new and kept it 6 months. It was a great little trailer but even a mildly rough FS road would shake it apart. One issue is the there is no real solid support for the walls when they are folded down and I can see the long hinges bending and wearing out if too much rough road travel. They are simply not put together well enough. Even on smooth roads I had to tighten screws after every trip. that said I plan on getting another but the next size up. We did a lot of camping and it was pretty small if going for longer than 3 or 4 days.
IMG_20190821_175107978_zpshixr4ghf.jpg
Nice combo! I really love the color scheme on the Jeep.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks Grassland! I'm actually selling it because I need something bigger to tow my boat. Its in great shape, 32k miles, one owner. Here is my post on Hewescraftowners.com

Available mid March or possibly earlier, depending on when my F250 comes in. This truck is in great condition, one owner, only 32,0000 miles and I still have the window sticker. I thought this was going to be my forever truck so I have taken good care of her. I run full synthetic oil, changed when oil meter says 30% life left. Brake fluid was flushed last winter.

Lithium Grey, Sport Package with sport cloth interior.

Max Tow package, rated for 11,600. Factory trailer plugs installed.

SnugTop Rebel canopy top with Yakima rails factory installed.
Bed Rug installed.
Bilstein 5100 shocks front & rear with 1.5" level in front.
Falken AT3W 285/70R17 tires and aftermarket wheels.
AirLift air bags installed, manual inflation (compressor can be added if you want, but I use an air compressor or bike pump).
Weathertech floor mats front & rear.
Aftermarket headlight bulbs.

I keep my boat in a slip, so the only towing I did was a few trips up to Port Angeles, Port Townsend, and Belingham, and towing 2 miles from the harbor to the house.

I get 15mpg towing the Aliner and I don't even feel it back there.

Asking $31,000.

and pics here https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZpN1oDg6q3REtQr6
That's a good buy for someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior