Alaskan Camper Build Up

Boss Hog

Observer
Lurking around in this thread instead of working, I realized I recognized this rig. Saw it in person at Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs in 2015. The date was significant and the truck was a nice distraction from what was happening. It's even better looking in person...

Carlyle

Explorer
Lurking around in this thread instead of working, I realized I recognized this rig. Saw it in person at Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs in 2015. The date was significant and the truck was a nice distraction from what was happening. It's even better looking in person...
Glad it could help

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PopRoid

Hi Carlyle. Not sure if you are still responding to this awesome thread of yours but I'll try anyway. Which Platcat did you install ? I've ordered an Alaskan 10ft cabover from Bryan and expect delivery April/May 2018. I'm on my second read of this entire thread and have learned a ton of stuff from you. We hope to put a work station in the Alaskan and attempt reading x-rays out of it IF and a big IF we can figure out bandwidth issues. If you are still responding to this thread I'm sure I'll have a few more questions if you don't mind.

Carlyle

Explorer
Hi Carlyle. Not sure if you are still responding to this awesome thread of yours but I'll try anyway. Which Platcat did you install ? I've ordered an Alaskan 10ft cabover from Bryan and expect delivery April/May 2018. I'm on my second read of this entire thread and have learned a ton of stuff from you. We hope to put a work station in the Alaskan and attempt reading x-rays out of it IF and a big IF we can figure out bandwidth issues. If you are still responding to this thread I'm sure I'll have a few more questions if you don't mind.

I used the largest Platcat that Arnie sells at his company. Any questions you have I'm happy to answer!

Carl

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Lift is on, front axle moved forward 1.5 inches. 335's and wheels on and work great! Alignment being done tomorrow.

I'd show pictures, but don't know how to now...

Hey Carl, go to the following website...

www.imgur.com

at host your pictures just like you used to do on photobucket...

I hope this helps. Cheers, chilli...:)

Carlyle

Explorer
Hey Carl, go to the following website...

www.imgur.com

at host your pictures just like you used to do on photobucket...

I hope this helps. Cheers, chilli...:)

QsEMXIw.jpg

q79G3jQ.jpg

kkf8xCf.jpg

0ZVsm2H.jpg

There we go Chili, Thanks!

Carlyle

Explorer
Mileage is about 12 mpg with the new tires and lift, had a little performance work to even out from the old tires. New tires are wearing better so far with the additional load capacity, but only time and miles will tell.

Darwin

Explorer
How does it drive down the road with the new tires? What Gearing do you have? Did the tires balance out okay?

Thank you, looks pretty burly with the new meat, and hopefully you get some longer tread life out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles