Alaskan Camper Build Up

toymaster

Explorer
^^^^^ I bet only 1 or 1 1/2 inches. With my F550 4 to 5 thousand pounds only smoothes out the ride. Less than that you are riding in a buck board wagon.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Carlyle, I have to walk around with a bath towel and wipe my slobbering face, I am drooling:drool:so much over that fine rig!:ylsmoke:

docdave

Aspiring overlander
Very curious to see how it looks out of the building, and how the loaded rig handles on the highway.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Wow that thing is long. What is the wheelbase and overall length? The rig looks great though, have you thought about one of those air dams on the cab to direct air over the camper?

klahanie

daydream believer
Congratulations Carl. She’s a head turner!!!
Not everyone gets a second chance but you seized yours, with bold results. I imagine your experiences at work had an influence (yes, the truck is long – but life is short). Even so, you had to write the cheque and no doubt it cost a bomb. Good on ya!

May you and yours have many happy travels.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Great Googly Moogly! OutSTANDing!

I know it's an optical illusion, but she looks tail-heavy to me. I think a roof rack on the cab would balance it out. :D

Carlyle

Explorer
Wow that thing is long. What is the wheelbase and overall length? The rig looks great though, have you thought about one of those air dams on the cab to direct air over the camper?

Wheelbase is 197.5", total length is 29.5' including tire dam.

Carlyle

Explorer
Great Googly Moogly! OutSTANDing!

I know it's an optical illusion, but she looks tail-heavy to me. I think a roof rack on the cab would balance it out. :D

Great minds think alike, dwh and Saiyan66, I have Yakima tracks already at home to mount a rack on top of the truck. Just have to figure how to get the headliner down and back up in the same condition... I have a Yakima Load Warrior rack to put up there and then some sort of air deflector like you see on the truck of a 5th wheeler would be my best guess at this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier