Alaskan Anyone?

skysix

Adventurer
Whats with all the hype over these things? :smilies27

Its a cult... :wings: Have been around since the late 50's IIRC

JACKSONH.JPG

Really however, it is the only North American manufactured HARD SIDED pop-up which in northern areas is really useful (camping in a tent in the winter gets old quickly...).

24.jpg

The pop-up is getting more popular than traditional campers as gas prices rise (less wind resistance = better mileage) and also lowers the center of gravity / improves clearance = more accessibility.

Camper_Alaskan09.jpg

Plus - they're hand made, mostly wood, and any halfway competent carpenter or home handyman can fix them.

19.jpg

Alaskan Info

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Really however, it is the only North American manufactured HARD SIDED pop-up which in northern areas is really useful (camping in a tent in the winter gets old quickly...).

The pop-up is getting more popular than traditional campers as gas prices rise (less wind resistance = better mileage) and also lowers the center of gravity / improves clearance = more accessibility.

Soon the XP Camper will be added to that very short list, I fully agree with the rest of your points though!

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Looks to me like the 8' std is a flatbed model. Awfully wide at the base to fit between fenderwells.

I have a trailer that the cab-over would fit on perfectly. Can you become divorced before you even get married?

S

Street Wolf

Looks to me like the 8' std is a flatbed model. Awfully wide at the base to fit between fenderwells.

I have a trailer that the cab-over would fit on perfectly. Can you become divorced before you even get married?

Only if you're lucky.

CSG

Explorer
I don't think there's much "hype". More like old school competence. Would you rather have a hard sided popup or fabric popup? How about in critter country?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94