Alaskan 8’ cab-over project $2500 central Ct

ripperj

Explorer
See my build thread for details, tons of pics.
But short story is the lower section and cabover are 100% new. Upper section is 80% or more new.
Lower section is all marine grade ply, glued and screwed. All appliances and equipment bought new for the build. My MIL did the cushions and curtains.
Windows and sheet metal for camper were all new.

I have easily over $10k and 3 winters of weekend work in to this.
It’s a 8’ cabover that will fit in short or long bed.
I’m selling it cheap because the upper section has a leak and I don’t feel like ripping it all apart again.
The lower section is fine and everything works.-
-6 gal hot water heater
- 16000 btu furnace
-two burner Smev stove
- double SS sink
-20 gal water tank
- Magnum Charger/inverter with 2 AGM batteries
- cassette toilet
- large brass Alaskan cylinders
- electric hydraulic pump
Reico Titan 2000# jacks with extensions( my truck is high)

If you are type that just cares about warm and dry, you could use it like it is, but I’m the ocd type and can’t use it without obsessing about the fix it needs :)
If you want to chat pm a #
Keith
Located in central CT

945797ae765d02f3784d7e54eebac770.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ripperj

Explorer
Here a lousy pic of the curb side below the window were the inside ply got wet. It looks ugly because I pried the ply off the frame a bit to see what was going on. One is the before I pried it apart pic that shows the ply delaminating
2cc4ac6a213fd8059574b22bb55baef9.heic

8fc8fce1b0720af0d6e6ed955a3ba99d.jpg

ripperj

Explorer
I replied to pms I could , some in boxes full.
I’m talking with a couple people now.
One common question is “ do I think the repair is simple”- no, hence the cheap price, unless you get lucky, plan on taking the roof skin off, which is time consuming, there may be some rot- I don’t know at this point. Much of the frame on the roof that I did is cedar, which can be wet for a while, but not forever.
As a data point the windows with shipping cost about the same as my asking price

Some interior pics as requested. The inside is pretty much like the build pics, I started camping before I finished all the counters and trim.
You can see where I ripped the inside ply off looking for the leak

2b9f4f28c85163cba6530bcb10a6b285.jpg

ripperj

Explorer
The camper currently has a brand new Poly Pro 3 camper cover on it... too bad I didn’t put it on a year ago :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles