Airstream b 190 4 x 4

zip

I prefer social distancing.

This vehicle was originally posted on Facebook for $49,999. When I reached out to the seller to ask who did the four-wheel-drive conversion, he just said previous owner.

Any guesses? ?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Is it just me, or when you see “serious buyers only, no tire kickers” you just assume the seller is gonna’ be a PITA? That puts me off.

I can forgive a little of that on a Flakeslist post. You'd be shocked at how many people have no idea how much of your time they're wasting.

Last week I sold three rooftop cargo boxes on CL (Yakima and Thule stuff.) I specifically said in the ad: "If the ad is up, I still have the box", but I literally got 26 emails from people that said "Do you still have the [xxx]?" and nothing else.

It would be different if people used that initial email to really start the conversation, a la "When can I meet? Flexibility on price? Additional info?" etc. but literally the only communication was "Do you still have it?", so the only thing I can respond with is "Yes.", because all other relevant info is already in the ad. This went on for days. The people who ended up getting really good deals on those boxes (I needed them out ASAP) were the ones who didn't waste my time. Their opening communication included their interest, availability, additional contact info, and it one case an actual novel question that I could answer.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
And just as painful for the buyer's having to deal with the sellers.

It can be just as bad both ways when buyer's do not READ the complete ad and seller's who spend most of their ad demanding what they will or will not do instead of saying something anything about what they have for sale!

Deshet

Adventurer
If it was on the east coast I would check it out.
At the price it could be fixed and made reliable with a diy ujoint kit or something similar. I bet anything wrong with it could be fixed for under 5k. It could probably be had for 20. Similar 2wd class b's are going for that now.

It could be reliable now, people have been doing diy 4x4 conversions on vans for longer than I have been alive. The big names in the industry started somewhere. All of the major components are the same across the board.

Some really respected lift kit manufactures put out some junk that is very dangerous.

krick3tt

Adventurer
After all this. There are instances when the 'If the ad is still up' do not rely on the seller to keep the post current and simply 'forget' to remove it when the item is sold. So folks have to ask. It has happen to me a few times.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
If it was on the east coast I would check it out.
At the price it could be fixed and made reliable with a diy ujoint kit or something similar. I bet anything wrong with it could be fixed for under 5k. It could probably be had for 20. Similar 2wd class b's are going for that now.

It could be reliable now, people have been doing diy 4x4 conversions on vans for longer than I have been alive. The big names in the industry started somewhere. All of the major components are the same across the board.

Some really respected lift kit manufactures put out some junk that is very dangerous.

From the Sportsmobile Forum

I almost bought this van last month. Be aware that on the day I went to pick it up (12/28) it rained in SoCal, and there was significant water intrusion on the passenger side. I also found what appeared to be water rot in the rear cabinetry and around the shower. Pretty cool van, though. As for the provenance of the 4x4 conversion, Javier told me it was done “in his shop in Mexico.”

EDIT: it’s also built on an E250 chassis, not an E350 as that Craigslist ad (or the badge on the rear) states.

Nope, run away.

Deshet

Adventurer
Very surprised that the top has leaked my old 1988 Falcon is always dry. It is basically the older version of this and 2wd. Almost wondering if everything was transplanted onto this van. The top should be solid fiberglass.

Attachments

• 00s0s_cdtea7shr6u_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_cdtea7shr6u_600x450.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 00000_dHI48DGSdPV_1200x900.jpg
    00000_dHI48DGSdPV_1200x900.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 63
  • 00o0o_3JsZlhQoQ5u_1200x900.jpg
    00o0o_3JsZlhQoQ5u_1200x900.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 00O0O_jiODReVBlVk_1200x900.jpg
    00O0O_jiODReVBlVk_1200x900.jpg