Airbag Recall Letter from Mitsu

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Anyone else getting recall notices? Airbag recall, Takata. They finally got me.

Somehow I am enjoying the idea of bringing my 22 year old Montero into the dealer for some free service.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
I guess we're lucky here, I heard that in Australia Mitsu is not fixing them and that the cars have to be destroyed but I don't know all the details.

chadzeilenga

I found a recall on my GEN1 when I signed up for CarCare to track my maintenance. It was for a potentially faulty seatbelt buckle. Dealer checked it out, but I got a good laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received one as well. Has anyone broken the seal and had it serviced yet? I sure as hell don't want a buyback but the only reference I see to this comes from Australia..

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I received one as well. Has anyone broken the seal and had it serviced yet? I sure as hell don't want a buyback but the only reference I see to this comes from Australia..
My letter says to wait for a follow up letter, so there’s nothing for me to do yet.

kapow

Anyone have any information on airbag replacements from Mitsubishi North America? I tried calling their recall office and was told "soon" last month. Not ideal to not have an answer since it makes me hesitant to put any money into the truck.

PaydayGabe

I'm located in Southern Nevada. No notification from Mitsu yet.
Obviously out here we don't have the corrosion issues folks on the east coast/ Fla have to deal with.
So,, I'm not gonna sweat this at the moment.
If and when,, I'll gladly have the bag replaced.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

plh

Explorer
Anyone have any information on airbag replacements from Mitsubishi North America? I tried calling their recall office and was told "soon" last month. Not ideal to not have an answer since it makes me hesitant to put any money into the truck.

why?

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Probably fear of a mandatory buyback, which I have never heard of before. I can’t believe the dealership is going to take your keys from you without your consent, cut you a check and scrap your truck. A vehicle is personal property.

Reactions: plh

kapow

Buyback for one and two because I'd like the safety equipment in my truck to be functional and not potentially dangerous.

PaydayGabe

Mitsubishi is not the most profitable/ solvent Manufacturer in the USA.
A buyback of a large number of elderly vehicles could possibly bankrupt Mitsu USA. IDK.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I see where Kapow is coming from.....I already made my investment into keeping my rig around for a while, so too late for me. I’m not sure how I would feel about driving it around and using it the way I do now if it didn’t have an airbag. This is a good question for other members......how many of us still have an operational airbag in their trucks? Anyone pull it proactively, or at least disconnect it from the sensors? I don’t remember if my letter explained what the problem or risk was. I think our bags predate all the recent recalls, with the bags that are too explosive.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles