Air ride seats

Thought I'd post my question here, since it's a more active board. I have a Saurer 6dm, and want to add a pair of air ride seats. The mounting platform is flat. The seats in question are a matching pair from a Freightliner Cascadia. I currently have a spring/hydraulic seat for the driver and a car seat for the passenger side. Question, then, where does one find an air source for these seats? I see plenty of Schrader valves throughout the truck, maybe tapping into one of these? Thanks Dave.

Thought I'd post my question here, since it's a more active board. I have a Saurer 6dm, and want to add a pair of air ride seats. The mounting platform is flat. The seats in question are a matching pair from a Freightliner Cascadia. I currently have a spring/hydraulic seat for the driver and a car seat for the passenger side. Question, then, where does one find an air source for these seats? I see plenty of Schrader valves throughout the truck, maybe tapping into one of these? Thanks Dave.
Schrader valves can serve any number of functions. Most often as test points of various air actuated systems. Brakes & transmission for example.
You really need to know what circuit a Schrader is connected to before its tapped for additional function.
Of course easy source for air is from one of the airtanks, and somewhere else on the chassis maybe a capped off port intended for additional accessories. There may be several other easy locations also.
Be sure your new air circuit is behind air loss prevention valve, or fit additional valve.

Last edited:
Your air system will have several circuits that probably fill up in an order. Ie the foot brake circuit fills before the handbrake. This means you can't drive off without the foot brakes working.
The last circuit is probably some sort of auxiliary circuit such as exhaust brake or engaging diff lock etc.

I would tap into this circuit and avoid breaking circuits etc. A leak on this circuit presents the least danger.

Neil