Air Mattress - Made from same material as whitewater raft??

cparkerc

Observer
A while ago, I heard about air matresses that were made from the thick pvc that rafts were made of. I like this idea as any air mattress I have ever had sucked and didn't last long. An internet search came up empty. Anyone know of a company that makes a bad *** air mattress that can take some punishment?

Thanks

Last edited:

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
+1. I'm a long time whitewater guide. These things are the toughest out there. I've slept on my newest one ~100 nights a year for 6 years. And it pads seats/covers coolers/sits outside strapped to the raft in some way or another every one of those days. A few companies are recently coming out with copies. Aire, NRS, etc. all pretty good, but none as good as a Paco.
Paco pads aren't strictly air mattresses. They're self-inflating with varying thicknesses of foam depending on the model.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
We've been using this mattress for about 3 years now. Dozen's of camping trips and I don't know how many times it's been used as a guest bed. We have 2 dog's that like to climb all over it too. It's never leaked, holds air all night, hands down the best air mattress I've ever used.

81Los0VS0SL._SL1500_.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've gotta Truckbedz air mattress we've been using for over 8 years and it'ts xtremely tough--very thick vynl type-

006_zps0f60e8be.jpg

Sorry, lousy pic of it's use in my Tepui RTT-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

DustyTrail

TwoTrack - I just ordered the same mattress after reading the good reviews on Amazon (not to mention the price!). It should be delivered today. I hope I have the same experience as you've had.
Here it is on amazon -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior