Aggrocrag's 2011(Now 2014) Pro-4x

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Wow such a great looking Fronty. Maybe I will see it in person one of these days as I am also in Colorado. I'm currently in the process of pricing out an OME lift - looking probably at going full OME MD.

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
Wow such a great looking Fronty. Maybe I will see it in person one of these days as I am also in Colorado. I'm currently in the process of pricing out an OME lift - looking probably at going full OME MD.

Thanks. I'm in the Springs, and would love to link up and hit some trails.

In regard to the suspension, I would definitely go with the MD front and rear if you're planning to not add tons of weight.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
It would be great to meet up one of these days. I am a avid outdoors guy but pretty new to the offroad scene, maybe you could help me get a couple beginner trails under my belt. I did do Sugarloaf Mt. earlier this year which was super easy but a lot of fun. First experience I had with airing down.

As for the lift - yes, I want to add as little weight as possible to hopefully keep decent MPG's as this is my DD, and i want to keep a smooth comfortable ride. It definitely needs some help already though. With just a Leer topper and a tool box with some gear that i keep in the bed at all times it already has some noticeable squat in the rear. I have read that the Frontier does not have the best stock leaf springs. So figured if i am going to improve the rear weight capacity might as well lift it just a bit so it looks like a truck, ha.

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
yeah, the frontier definitely sits a little low from the factory, and those stock leafs are really soft. Do it right the first time and get a full leaf pack. If you really want it dialed in for the weight you carry, you could go with a custom set of Alcan's or Deaver's. I thin the MD OME's will be just fine, though.

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
So, I’m 6’2” with a long torso and neck, so even with the seat all the way “down” I still feel like I sit WAY too high in the frontier. I’m not sure why, but I swear the drivers seat is a little higher than the passenger as well. Anyway, after lots of searching, I saw many threads about people complaining about the same problem, but no real fix.

SO... I did a thing.

First, remove the seat and admire how disgusting you have made your truck.
The back two brackets that attach to the floor are what we’re after
I used a dremel with cut off discs to cut the brackets in half. I cut the shorter of the two first. That bracket is the limiting factor on how much shorter you can make the pair. Then, I drilled holes.
I521376
Bracket pieces overlapped with holes lined up... I effectively lost about 1.25 inches
Clean up sharp edges
I used a paint marker to cover the bare metal.
On the longer bracket, I drilled the holes before I cut. The bracket is attached by a welded piece that would make it impossible to drill separately.
I used grade 8 bolts with lock washers to put the pieces back together. With everything loosely bolted together, I put the seat back in the truck (after a good vacuum).

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle

After installing the seat, I trimmed the seat base plastic, and reinstalled.

I’m sure there are people that will not approve of this mod, and say that it’s unsafe, but it is rock solid, and the hardware that I used is the beefiest stuff on the entire seat.

For a guy my size, the 1.25” in head room gained is totally worth it, as I am constantly looking through the upper most part of the windshield and hit my head on the side window frame constantly.

Attachments

• ACCA8EBF-9353-4FB9-B779-88BAC0B36B35.jpeg
    ACCA8EBF-9353-4FB9-B779-88BAC0B36B35.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17

justbecause

perpetually lost
I’m sure there are people that will not approve of this mod, and say that it’s unsafe, but it is rock solid, and the hardware that I used is the beefiest stuff on the entire seat.

a grade 8 bolt will hold up, that little bit of metal it has to hold on to though..... probably not so much. Good luck.

docwatson

Adventurer
How much force do you think those feet get? I doubt much. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Besides the gain in headroom, any other changes to driving comfort?

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
How much force do you think those feet get? I doubt much. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Besides the gain in headroom, any other changes to driving comfort?

I feel like my thighs are more supported due to the front of the seat being higher. Also, it may be placebo, but I feel much less claustrophobic in the truck. Definitely would do it again.

Loubaru

Adventurer
Its your truck but if it were mine I'd lay some weld in-between the bracket halves to be safe. Looks like you can do the sides and the top part by the bolt which would add a good amount of structure. Definitely leave the bolt in there though.

bigskypylot

Explorer
I have Alcans on my X that are +500 and now upgrading again for my Titan swap at +850. With the rear tire carrier and planned 19gal aux fuel tank along with an RTT and extra fuel cans on the rear, I decided I'd rather have a little bit stiffer ride during the times I run empty. I usually always have stuff in the rear so I'll accept that. I'm also using adjustable Shackles and Alcan 2.0s and now using Bilstein5165s until i do the LT kit from CJD. Upfront with a Shrock Bumper and winch,I was using Radflo 2.5 with 650# springs but moving to 700# for my Tswap and VK swap. You'll love the Shrock bumper. I had a 4 month wait as wellScreenshot_20190726-224138_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190726-224508_Instagram.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles