Aftermarket Seats for Jeep, any good ones out there?

Yetters

Wonder whats around that
Doods and Doodetts

Looking for input on aftermarket seats for my Jeep, so far what I have sat in (Corbeau, Recaro and the like) have done nothing for me. Bolsters seem like they would be a pain getting in and out with, most "racing" seats have no padding for off road, most off road seats are foe buggies and the like and while good for roll overs, make foe ****ty daily driving. I have priced out rebuilding the stock seats and its about the same as buying new.

Give a noob some help here !

Yetters

xkid

Adventurer
What about seats from another vehicle? I used to own a Oldsmobile Bravada. Great seats. Just a thought.

HAFICON

Adventurer
I would love to have buck seats in the rear of my JKU instead of the folding bench. I to have been looking for good options.

Jorsn

Adventurer
Have you looked at Mastercraft Baja RS seats? They seem to be very popular on other jeep forums with many people using them in their daily driver.

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
I've got Corbeau A4s in my XJ and I love them. I have 8" of lift and 35s and it is a bit of pain for my short wife to climb in. But the confidence and comfort you get on the trail from some seats that hold you in tightly, is well worth that short pain of climbing in and out.

twiisted71

Adventurer
Call around your local JYs and find a low mileage Ford Windstar minivan. They have nice láteral support on the upper with a more standard seat bottom design. I'm about #240 and 6'1" and they feel great. These vans had bad tranny's and usu got scrapped VERY early so finding some like new seats should be easy-if you can find some vans. I picked a pair of like new cloth ones with inside armrests for around $80 IIRC

Mitch502

Explorer
Did I miss what type of Jeep you're looking for seats for? My local JY always has some nice older XJ seats (early 90's) with the large bolsters that are comfy. 2 seats for me in mint condition were $60.

BBailey

Explorer
Mastercraft and PRP both make a very nice suspension seat as does Corbeau. Of those, I'm partial to the Mastercraft Rubicons but if you're looking for something less aggressive I'd 2nd the recommendation of the Mastercraft Baja RS's.

shogun

Adventurer
I was considering seat upgrades but...

In a sports car I want to be locked in pretty solid due to cornering/braking forces and allowing better car control despite high cornering forces.

But in an off-road vehicle I tend to lean off the seat back during rough terrain so that the vehicle (seat) can rock around without taking me with it. I really dont want to be battered around all day long on a trail so allowing the vehicle to rock and pitch makes it much better. So I have not been able to decide whether I want some nice, snug, high-bolster seats at the cost of being shaken around like a martini.

The off-road racers have suspensions that suck up much of the bashing and they arent doing slow trails with heavy equipment and such. I think the requirements for sports cars and off-roading are very different.

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
@shogun, I tend to disagree. I have found that after a full day of crawling the trails I'm less tired in a suspension seat with strong bolsters than in a traditional bucket seat with lots of cushion. The only thing I can think of is because I'm not using my abdominal and back muscles to remain balanced.

By being better connected to the vehicle the strong wheel and stick shift are always in the same place in relation to me. I wish I could take you out for a ride so that you could experience the difference. But it really is a matter of preference. Some of my passengers have commented on feeling claustrophobic in the seats, but I've come to enjoy the snugness.

Dan
Typos courtesy of Tapatalk
http://the4x4podcast.com

Vanhalo

Doods and Doodetts

Looking for input on aftermarket seats for my Jeep, so far what I have sat in (Corbeau, Recaro and the like) have done nothing for me. Bolsters seem like they would be a pain getting in and out with, most "racing" seats have no padding for off road, most off road seats are foe buggies and the like and while good for roll overs, make foe ****ty daily driving. I have priced out rebuilding the stock seats and its about the same as buying new.

Give a noob some help here !

Yetters

The question I have been trying to answer is....What rear buckets seats will work in a JKU with a Snomaster CL56D fridge and an Outback Adventure Trailgater.
It's tight. Leaning towards Mastercraft Baja RS. They have 9 points of recline. I wish I could determine if the Mastercraft Nomads would work.

seat-baja-rs-9-T.jpg
seat-nomad-2-T.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles