aftermarket lighting in place of factory fog lights.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I've read that you dont want the low beams on at the same time as your highs. Allegedly putting more light closer to the front of you takes away the ability to see the farther away light of the high beams.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Dunno, the new Chevy vehicles. Plus most every other. Vehicle I have owned with four bulbs ran low and highs when on high beam.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I've read that you dont want the low beams on at the same time as your highs.
You don't want to flood the foreground with bright light, because the illumination from the high beams falls off inversely with the square of the distance from the source, and your eyes cannot easily adapt to the differential in brightness, so you mostly see the objects near the vehicle. Theoretically. Having said that, it is absolutely impossible to flood the foreground with light from GM low beams. If you want to be conservative, use 9012 HIRs in the low beams and 9011 HIRs in the high beams.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've read that you dont want the low beams on at the same time as your highs. Allegedly putting more light closer to the front of you takes away the ability to see the farther away light of the high beams.
Not all headlight systems would do that though. Foglights, otoh, would.
But, for our demographic, foglights plus highbeams work really well offroad ---- but horrible on the road. Gets to be a puzzle...

You don't want to flood the foreground with bright light, because the illumination from the high beams falls off inversely with the square of the distance from the source, and your eyes cannot easily adapt to the differential in brightness, so you mostly see the objects near the vehicle. Theoretically. Having said that, it is absolutely impossible to flood the foreground with light from GM low beams. If you want to be conservative, use 9012 HIRs in the low beams and 9011 HIRs in the high beams.
Good advice.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Got the the h9/9011 lights installed last night, both 65w. Nice improvment. I noticed for the first time that the lows stay on with the high beams.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am going with whatever ray sells at rally lights. Phillips I think. Going to get my Burb back this week. Going to do the headlight rewire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste