After market m416 lids

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Does anyone know of any companies or shops near California that currently sell lids for M416 trailers? Any links would be appreciated. Finally scored a trailer in great shape and want to cap it. Thanks in advance.

Hoghead

Observer
I would also suggest you talk to a local fab shop. I say this because I just worked with one to have my lid skinned. It was $225 including purchasing the metal. I was amazed how inexpensive the labor was for the work. I built the skeleton of the lid and just took it to them to get the skin, but I'm sure they would have done it all.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
There's one listed now on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272289342017?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Listing says:

I design and fabricate expedition trailers i have up for auction 1 trailer lid... will make to fit your trailer like a glove

I communicated with the seller and he says it comes with a handle; he can supply hinges, latches and gas struts for $130 extra. When I asked him if it's strong enough to support a roof-top tent, he replied "Easily strong enough can walk on it all day".

I don't know anything about this seller other than what I see in the listing and the answers he gave me to the two questions.

s-l1600.jpg

Mark2457

I would also suggest you talk to a local fab shop. I say this because I just worked with one to have my lid skinned. It was $225 including purchasing the metal. I was amazed how inexpensive the labor was for the work. I built the skeleton of the lid and just took it to them to get the skin, but I'm sure they would have done it all.

Would you mind sending me details of the fabricator?

Thanks

mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior