African Outback Drawer System and Slee Off Road

Reata Rover

Adventurer
Well, I have finally taken delivery of my drawer system and look forward to the install this weekend. I began saving for the set a long time ago and I accidentally discovered that Slee Off Road had them on sale for $900! A huge savings that would allow me take delivery well in advance of when I expected.

I called Christo to visit with him and discuss the colors, the fit, etc. I sadly discovered that Slee only had the system in tan, but figured at this discount I didnt really mind that much. Being that my interior is black and just to be sure that I wanted to go this route, I told Christo I would call him back in a few days. I confirmed the price at $900 and we also discussed the potential cost for shipping from CO to TX being about $150.

I asked the General (wife) if I could take an early birthday present advance to go ahead and buy the drawers, and she said sure.

I called Christo back, it was probably a week or so later, to discover that he had decided to increase the price to $1248....I asked him to recall that we had spoken previously and had discussed the price at $900. He said he would have to get back with me. The next day he called and said he would split the difference with me and sell the set to me at $1072. I agreed to buy them even though the color was wrong and the price had increased almost $200.

Even though I experienced this strife and additional cost, I am glad they are here and look forward to the installation and the years of service I am sure that they will provide.

I will do my best to record the installation for future users. Look for the post!!

Thanks to Slee Off Road for allowing me to get them early!!:birthday.sml:

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Well considering the price fluctuations and dealing with importation, I think you got a great deal.
You are lucky that Slee met you halfway on it, quality product from a quality shop.

The beige color won't even be noticable once you get it in there. I bet it will look very finished.

Reata Rover

Adventurer
Quality product for sure. If it weren't for the rain this weekend, I would probably already have them installed.

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
Just wanted to add a comment on the pricing. We had the disco drawers on sale for quite some time. We get a lost of people ask for pricing and shipping quotes and then they do not pull the trigger. So it is always difficult to both start and end sales, but one has to do it.

In this case the timing might have been off a little for the buyer, but that situation almost always will happen. We offered to split the difference between the pre and post sale price.

Just for the record, the price they are retailing at is one that was set in 2005. If we had to receive a new batch of those, then it would be considerably more than the $1245 current price.

Hope all goes well with the install and enjoy them.

Reata Rover

Adventurer
FourByLand said:
Dang, here I am expecting to see some install photos!

Get better!

:sport_box

You can count on some by Sunday for sure!! I am walking upright again and feeling much better.:safari-rig: :bike_rider:

Reata Rover

Adventurer
OK, THEY'RE IN. THEY LOOK GREAT, WORK GREAT, AND INSTALLED IN JUST A COUPLE OF HOURS!!

THANK YOU TO SLEE OFF ROAD!!!

NOW, IF i COULD JUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICS EASILY....:wings:

NOW I NEED TO GET MY FRIDGE, AND KEEP SAVING FOR THE ADVENTURE TRAILER......:safari-rig:

Reata Rover

Adventurer
OK, Fridge oredere last night from EE after a brief conversation with John Lee, I ordered the Engel 45, the bag and the slide lock.

Thanks again to Christo and all the gang at Slee Off Road, and also to John Lee at EE for the great advice on the fridge.

:bowdown:

Trailer is the next item on the wish list.

pangaea

Adventurer
Glad you got them installed OK. I just found my instructions while I was cleaning out the garage, so I couldn't get the pics an instructs online in time.

A great mod, money well spent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior