AEV salta rims and free spin hubs

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
They said the AEV is small in bore and won't accommodate locking hubs.
This is on a 3rd gen. Might give them a call today and mention you've got a 4th.

Explorerinil

Observer
Looks like the hub bore may need to be increased, I think it may work without on the 4th gen, I looked at the bore spec and size of the hubs. Keep your fingers crossed!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
In Petersen's 4wd,they installed AEV's on a 3rd gen Ram. I seem to remember the wheels had to be machined to accommodate the Dynatracs.
They sure are spec'd right.

Explorerinil

Observer
I know this is not 100% accurate but it looks like a simple trim of the center cap and the dynatrac kit will work, hub bore looks like it’s ok. After researching more, I think the article posted on AEV forum was for a cab chassis truck converted to SRW.503335503336503337503338

Kingsize24

Pull your router out and mill them up. Shouldn't take a few minutes to remove that thin lip for the center cap.

Explorerinil

Observer
Pull your router out and mill them up. Shouldn't take a few minutes to remove that thin lip for the center cap.
That’s my thought also, accept I can’t find my router, I’m sure someone borrowed it and I forgot. Either I’ll pick up a cheap harbor freight router just to get the job done or see if my dremel tool will work.

Explorerinil

Observer
Do the hubs stick out past the sidewall of the tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are standing behind the truck looking from the rear tire to th front you can slightly see part of th warm hub. FYI the dynalock hubs are allot shorter than warn. Also the spyntech kit is allot shorter, if that’s an issues. I personally want the hub as long as possible to spread the weight out and help in any cooling... just my preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles