AEV Ram HD snorkel question

mightymike

Adventurer
For those that have a Ram with the AEV snorkel: Have you taken it through a full-service automatic car wash (not touchless)? I bought the snorkel, but before I have it installed I want to make certain it won't get damaged or cause damage to the truck in a car wash. Before I get trashed for taking a truck through a car wash, its new and I want to keep it looking nice for a few years. We have very hard water at home and it spots the windows on a car, even with a water softener and drying the car right away.

Thanks for any input.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
I would find it hard to believe an AEV snorkel would break. The plastic they use is quite malleable. I also can't imagine a truck kitted out with an AEV snorkel fitting into a car wash, unless it's relatively stock other than the snorkel. There isn't a car wash I know of around me my Ram, which has the Prospector XL kit on it, would fit into.

Adventurous

Explorer
Your experience may differ, but snorkel or not, my truck barely, and I mean barely, fits into the automatic car wash stalls. As in, it's a matter of 1" on either side of the mirrors. I actually had one of the automated heads crack the clear blinker housing on the mirror as it caught it on the way by.

So basically, while you may fit, I wouldn't recommend it.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I’ve got the AEV Raised Air Intake/Snorkel on my Power Wagon and I’d never take the truck into an automatic wash. I just don’t trust something not wrapping around the top of the inlet.

mightymike

Adventurer
Thanks everyone, I will wait until washing the truck is no longer a weekly thing for me. My 3500 has a leveling kit and 35’s and fits in the local automatic car wash without any trouble.

crazysccrmd

Observer
Buy a pressure washer and do it at home, it will save you a lot of money in the long run. If that’s not an option just use the car wash bays instead of the automatic paint scratcher.

Explorerinil

Observer
Thanks everyone, I will wait until washing the truck is no longer a weekly thing for me. My 3500 has a leveling kit and 35’s and fits in the local automatic car wash without any trouble.
I had the snorkle and I would never go through a car wash with it, not like the truck would have fit anyway.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I take mine through a touchless wash when I don't have time to wash it or its too cold outside. I would never take it though the soft touch ones around where I live. They would rip the snorkel off. They are rough here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior