AEV Prospector XL Flatbed Adventure Rig

Boz

Observer
After a few days of camping, we headed over to Portland to visit friends and more importantly, take delivery of the new camper. Here are a few shots just after install. Slight sag in the rear which we have since corrected with air bags. We'll also be going with custom valved King 2.5's front and rear. Here are some pictures from the install, I will follow-up with some better images in a following post.

ThurenFab?

cukup

beautiful build! Are you based in the Bay by any chance? I'm looking at building out something similar and would love to compare notes!

Definitely not. This is not a cruise at 80mph rig. There is some much frontal area that it would probably reduce your gas mileage to something ridiculously low.

At 60 mph on a flat interstate we can still get 14.5-15mpg.

Can you average 80mph on flat Interstate in your rig? Awesome build.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Definitely not. This is not a cruise at 80mph rig. There is some much frontal area that it would probably reduce your gas mileage to something ridiculously low.

At 60 mph on a flat interstate we can still get 14.5-15mpg.

If you can’t do 80mph, you’re not geared correctly.

I’m on 37s and can cruise at 90 without issue and I’m on stock gearing and still getting 14mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phsycle

Adventurer
Oh man, that is an awesome rig. I hope to pick up a single cab, manual one day and build it up like this, minus the huge tires. 35-37 will get me where I need to go and if I can muster something close to 20MPG, I'll be ecstatic.

I can do 80 mph no problem, I just don't cruise at 80 because fuel mileage suffers. This truck is essentially a giant sale in the wind at that speed.

The truck is regeared with 4.30's.

There is a big difference between a ram with a fiberglass truck shell and 37 A/T's vs. a ram with a 3000lb camper, 3" lift, sticky 41in M/T's, and a sizable cab-over air dam. Physics says that I'm going to get less gas mileage than you, which has thus far proven to be correct :)

Cheers
Spencer

Last edited:

Andrew_S

Observer
Love everything you've got going on. The proportions of this truck are friggin perfect. Looking forward to more pics.

asanto

beautiful build! Are you based in the Bay by any chance? I'm looking at building out something similar and would love to compare notes!
Man, I'm interested as well and would have been happy to buy beers, coffee or whatever. This is exactly the build I'm after, looking to part with my 4runner. Great build thread. Thanks for posting.

wfv56

I’m running a flatbed hawk on a AEV prospector 3500 ctd. I am interested in a review of the king shocks when you get a chance. I have 25000 miles on my rig and flat love it!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94