AEV parts for Ram 2500, 3500 now in stock

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/ram

I just noticed that the AEV web site now allows you to order their upgrade parts for the 2014 or newer Ram 2500 pickup. The modular steel bumper starts at $2300, the 3 inch lift kit costs $1900, the snorkel air intake costs $420, and AEV wheels cost $240 apiece.

The kits work with diesel and gas models, automatic or manual transmission. So if you want a suspension lift for a 3500 diesel camper, AEV's got the parts. The vehicle's factory carrying and towing capacities are retained.

AEV recommends 37x12.50R17 tires with the lift kit, which are about 37 inches tall. The SEMA show trucks had 41 inch tires, which probably require re-gearing the differentials to maintain stock acceleration numbers.

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
Paying for nothing but the AEV name...

You can buy a mercenary bumper (built like a tank and looks a million times better) for comparable price.

CodyY

Explorer
I like the HD wheel, but the pricing on the bumper is in-line with a full custom one-off, the suspension is a bunch of blocks and spacers, and I've personally seen enough broken and cracked Pintler wheels (even beadlocks) to demote them to mall crawler status for me.

looks good, yes. but i'm out.

chet6.7

Explorer
I used "broken and cracked Pintler wheels" wheels as a search term,there are plenty of hits.:Wow1:
I was interested because of the offset,backspacing, and weight rating.
I wish Mickey Thompson made the classic wheel in the right specs for a Ram 2500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94