AEV Lift kit issues? ANy help appreciated

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Played around with everything and got the steering wheel straightened out and the ECS code gone...Thanks for all the help (I must say a friend who had access to an alignment set up took care of it for me for a small fee (beer))

I just installed an AEV 4.5 lift kit this weekend in my 2013 Moab edition. Install went well although it took time. Drove around after install to see if the handling stories were true and I was satisfied with it. I did see the ECS light come on and off a couple of times. Today I was hauling an empty trailer to my sisters house (maybe 750 lbs) and on the freeway using my cruise control at about 60 MPH. Suddenly the cruise control went out and the ECS warning light came on and stayed on. The jeep still handles fine, but the ECS light is still on and my cruise control will not work. Any thoughts before I take it in??

Last edited:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Get a wheel alignment from a shop that can center the steering wheel.

When the wheel is off-center even a little bit it causes the ECS to be unhappy.

-Dan

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I have had the same issue, and it was definitely steering wheel alignment.

Personally, I'd do it yourself... it's two bolts, a bit of trial and error, and some elbow grease. It is simple. If you have an AEV pro-cal, its less work than taking the doors off.

Edit: It sounds like you installed the lift yourself, so definitely don't waste your money.

Yes absolutely, if you turn engine off for a few minutes does the ecs reset? When you were on freeway and he ecs light came on do you remember if you were changing lanes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
No the ECS has stayed on. I was on the freeway with the cruise control on...started up an incline so the engine rpms went up and then the cruise control shut off just when the ECS light came on....hasn't worked since ands ECS wont clear. Makes sense about the wheel off as it is. I was going o have the alignment done anyway so I assume they will straighten out the wheel.

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
I would look at steering wheel alignment. Wranglers are finicky. Myself and many owners I have talked to have their cruise control cut out on the highway when they hit a large bump.

I've had my cruise stop working driving across Kansas in a crosswind before! If that steering wheel is off center for 30 minutes or so cruise gets disabled. Three main culprits are speed sensors at corners, wheel entering and clock spring in steering wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior