AEV Brute: The Ultimate Overlander?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
My audi spanks your panda 10 ways to sunday too. WHO CARES. (actually my mazda does too!) that's a fair fight.....comparing two similar vehicles. You are doing the same as comparing a F350 to a Mustang Rousch. Whats the point.

As for omar carrying more payload, they don't have to lug around d stearn's ego.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Thats funny, you guys are going in different directions. He is comping from a CJ8 and you just left that Hemi Power Wagon:drool:( I love those trucks) I bet the 3.6 would feel like a rocket ship compaired to the CJ!

Believe me, it does! It even feels like a rocket compared to a V8 CJ! Oh, and for the record, I'd buy it. Scott's review of the 2012 JKUR was spot on, and I bought one. It's an awesome utility wagon and very capable off road. I'd buy the Brute in a heartbeat if I were cashing bigger checks.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
It'd have to be in Green though!:victory:
IMG_0776_zpsd836a2c8.jpg

hansrober

Adventurer
My 12 Sahara is 5500 on the sticker. I have been following the GVWR comments with great interest. The weight game seems to be a tricky one to play with my Jeep, especially when adding the tongue weight of a larger trailer.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
My 12 Sahara is 5500 on the sticker. I have been following the GVWR comments with great interest. The weight game seems to be a tricky one to play with my Jeep, especially when adding the tongue weight of a larger trailer.
...and that is one big-honkin' trailer you tote, sir...

Oman4x4

Laurie Bridger
Many trucks, both present and past don't have locking tailgates. It would be extremely easy to swap the existing latch for a locking one. They are sold in a locking variant. 10 minutes and $30 and you have a locking tailgate.

View attachment 249619

Do you have a source for where to find those?

I can't believe I hadn't even thought about locking the tailgate as my Brute gets ready to paint :)

The key hole looks a bit... flimsy though? Are they generally considered reliable?

Also planning a swing out tire carrier for mine, so, if I put a lock on that then the tailgate is locked...

Oman4x4

Laurie Bridger
So you mean the JK8? Mopar Kit to turn an Unlimited JK into a truck.

The proportions of those are just soo bad though... okay you have a great departure angle, but visually the bed sides are too low, the rear overhang looks imbalanced, and it's quite a small bed and overall just a bit akward.

I've photoshopped the Brute Double Cab into a single cab with the stock 4-door wheelbase - and a standard double cab bed. I think there's potential for a great looking truck in there.

904738_10151401187282647_1628878686_o.jpg

aluke0510

Adventurer
The proportions of those are just soo bad though... okay you have a great departure angle, but visually the bed sides are too low, the rear overhang looks imbalanced, and it's quite a small bed and overall just a bit akward.

I've photoshopped the Brute Double Cab into a single cab with the stock 4-door wheelbase - and a standard double cab bed. I think there's potential for a great looking truck in there.

904738_10151401187282647_1628878686_o.jpg

Yeah the JK8 reminds me of a CJ6 with the weirdness of the wheels right at the very back end... CJ8 solved this with added length behind and the also added the wood bed rails to cover the shortish looking bed height.

But I think that brute concept above has a lot going for it. Much better than the double cab brute saving weight, keeping great style, and still the utility of the bed for easy loading etc.

Jurfie

Adventurer
Agree with the above comments; 2-DR Brute would get my vote (and money).

Add a D60 front and rear, nice big brakes, heavy duty rear springs...:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles