ADVICE NEEDED: Dirt-road shock absorbers for lifted 2WD short bus

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
The key is to try and make sure it's not true.

Over on Ujoint Off roads site Bilstein 5100 are $85 & Fox 2" are $125 each. Either way seems fairly reasonable. Chris wouldn't sell the Bilstein if they didn't do the job. Fox are a $160 upgrade. I'm sickened by the fact that Fox are the Same price as Motocraft shocks from the dealer.

philos

Explorer
How much space before you hit the bumpstops with the 880s?
Front end weight? Which Bilsteins?

Village got your part numbers ;) I only got the sweet shocks...
Front end has a 7.3, so heavy.
I never measured shock clearance, just checked to make sure it wasn't bottoming. All good.
I don't hit the rubber bump stops as hard or near as often with the 880s, probably 2-3" clearance. I'll check tomorrow ;)

goatherder

no trepidation
This is probably gonna happen either way if she's like my wife.

The key is to try and make sure it's not true.

I'm very fortunate, my wife is very supportive and understanding. I've got $30k into an airplane project that I've been working on for the last 7 years, a pile of time and money into a Jeep, and now this damn bus. She's totally down for the plane, really likes the Jeep...but she's not entirely convinced on the bus.

So far I'm in it $5000. I painted it, lifted it, installed a propane tank, and did the usual 6.0L EGR/oil cooler, pumps/belt/idlers. I figure if I can build it into something cool w/o pulling out all the stops and dumping a ton of money into it...she just might come around. I want her to go camping with me...but bad suspension on a washboard road would make her ********** hurt.

Hi Just confirming these are comfort shocks?
My van is a 5.4 e250 2wd with 2 inch lift (cc880s up front) extra leaf and 1 inch block rear.

couldn't tell ya, if they were "comfort" or not, but the ride was comfortable. they were spec'd for a e350 based RV i think.

i had them in my e150, 4.6 with a different set of coils and they were great.

shane has them now, in his e350, 7.3, with cc880s and they work great.

Gtdad

Adventurer
i can answer that part, as he got them from me.

-Bilstein shocks front and rear
---33-187563
---33-176840

I'm still running my 2002 e250 oem shocks 0n pleasureway travererse e250. I had already read on my rear leaves and put on moog 880s coils but my shocks are done now I think..
the numbers above are non hd rv shocks correct??
my van

Van weight no water mostly stocked
3340kg 7363 lbs
time for new shocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier