AdventureTaco - turbodb's build and adventures

turbodb

The wet and cold continued all night - or rather, the wet continued and the cold got colder! We awoke, just after 8:00am to a dusting of snow spread across camp and our trucks, and several inches on the surrounding mountains.

"Welcome to Montana guys!" Monte said as he climbed out of his tent.

Check out the full story at: The Re-Tour Day 4: It Always Snows at Goose Lake

44724092752_a0679aeb50_h.jpg

turbodb

...Now mid-afternoon, we continued up Big Pryor mountain, through gates and across grassy hillsides. We reveled in the beauty and the took in the views as we climbed, the white clouds and blue skies contrasting so nicely with the golden-green of the landscape. This truly was what we were hoping for on the Re-Tour.

Last edited:

turbodb

August 29, 2018.

...it was at this overlook that tragedy struck once again. Tragedy is perhaps a bit strong a word to use in this case, but what unfolded was definitely a bummer...

Read the entire story to see the sadness...
The Re-Tour Day 6: Into the Abyss

43880921725_a2dc306fe9_h.jpg

ITTOG

Hahahaha, that's too bad! Glad to hear you enjoy though :).

Surprising to hear that the blog would be well enough known to be blocked by anything.
It may not be the reason for all companies but my employer blocks it because your site is not registered with a topic, ie shopping, guns, leisure, etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thezentree

pretend redneck
Hahahaha, that's too bad! Glad to hear you enjoy though :).

Surprising to hear that the blog would be well enough known to be blocked by anything. ?

It's a .mil network, so who the heck knows. I used to be able to read it, so maybe they've started looking at my internet usage :oops:

turbodb

It may not be the reason for all companies but my employer blocks it because your site is not registered with a topic, ie shopping, guns, leisure, etc.

Weird, never heard of registering a topic for a web site.

It's a .mil network, so who the heck knows. I used to be able to read it, so maybe they've started looking at my internet usage :oops:
LOL :cool:

ITTOG

Weird, never heard of registering a topic for a web site.

LOL :cool:
Obviously not a requirement but most firewalls and site filtering logic uses it.

By the way, great thread. I discovered it a couple weeks ago and almost done reading all of it. Thanks for giving us just a taste of the thrill.

turbodb

August 31, 2018.

...The truth was, this was a day we'd all been looking forward to - but perhaps no one more than me. This was the day that we'd return to what was <em>the trail</em> that pushed me the hardest the year before; the trail on which, I confided to Mike - "This is right on the edge for me." It was also the trail where Frank had called it quits - nearly twice - and where we'd banded together to get out in one piece. It was Boulder Basin.

Read the whole story and see what we encountered on the trail in
The Re-Tour Day 8: Boulder Basin, My Favorite Trail

43917945235_d785f9d693_h.jpg

turbodb

September 1, 2018.

...we set about making breakfast - a feast really, one that would hold us over until late in the afternoon. Dan got to work on some hash browns, Mike on scrambled eggs and salsa, and I fired up the griddle for bacon and sausage. In no time, we'd gotten everything cooked...

Check out the full story and all the pics of our fat trucks in The Re-Tour Day 9: Our Trucks are Too Heavy

44836599561_30626b893e_h.jpg

turbodb

September 2, 2018.

...and when you drive a UTV, rule #1 is "Be a ********." So they crossed the river, and then proceeded off-trail to skirt around us. And not just by a couple feet - we're talking 30- or 40-feet off of the road.

Nice, guys. Way to be stand-up humans.

To relax our nerves, we turned back to enjoy the views around us. Despite the UTVs, life was good.

Read the full story at The Re-Tour Day 10: We Finally Explore Sunlight Basin

44868763411_c6ee709dad_h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles