Adventures of Hodor, A Gladiator Build Thread

Bushmaster5K

It’s been a few months since I have made any updates. New motorcycle, pandemic, and life got in the way.
I am happy to report that my canopy camper from Alu-Cab is on a boat with a 4/15 port date.
Now with everything going on, I am not too excited that I’ll even get a glimpse of this until Summer time. But maybe the customs, and truck drivers etc will be deemed essential. Here are some pics from OK4WD website to hold us over.
Good luck, hope everything goes well. Wife and I would love to install an Alu Cab camper canopy on our JTR Gobi. Keep everyone updated, love to see everyone's approach/ideas for the build. We are rocking the RTT & 270 awning until the the future holds something different.

Keep positive, thumbs up.
"Moriarty" on other blogs/boards
Ken Brackett Stagecoach, NV - out

coguzzi

Adventurer
I sure will! So excited to pick it up today. Please tell me you have a V85 TT

I rented one in the Alps to do Stelvio Pass. What a fun little bike, I almost bought one when we got home. View attachment 592988
i do not--yet. i did spend an afternoon on one last year though--loved it. i had my heart set on ktm 790 though at the time. but--may get one. ive had tons of guzzi, my brand (ktm is my dirty brand though). mostly vintage tonti frame. right now i have 74 v7 sport and a 49 astore. ps, i used to work with Josh and Chris when i lived in CO

Anxiously watching this thread. Time for us to sketch out the truck bed layout. Trying to figure out where to put a bed for our son, and how to place our fridge so I can access it best from the outside (where I'll do almost all of our cooking). I don't want to be going in and out to get things for each meal. I need to be able to reach in, or maybe have some kind of box I bring out for each meal.

camodog

Adventurer
Our maiden voyage was a smashing success. We absolutely love the camper addition. Wife name the camper “Bran the Broken” which is witty and fitting.
DE16334A-B22F-4890-B729-561A8C9CA580.jpeg

Trail rides and gas fill ups do take almost twice as long, because we are constantly being asked about our set up. It does feel good to hear the compliments however.

Last edited:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hey Camdog,

This thing looks sweet!
Can you please do me a favor and run a tape measure from the ground to the highest point on the closed camper?
I'm curious to know if it will fit in a shipping container.
Also info about what size wheels and lift you're running would be very helpful too.

Cheers,
-Dan

camodog

Adventurer
7’8” to the top of the load bars.
37” BFG KO2 @37 psi
2” Mopar Lift

Depending on what I add to the load bars the height could increase. I plan to keep everything under 10’ no matter what though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94