AdventureDuo Welcomes a new 80 to the Family..

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yosh's new ride. 1997 Collectors Edition with 177k on the clock.

yosh80.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Right off the bat i need some parts if anyone has them.

- OEM Front Bumper
- OEM Alloys (Will trade for these FJCruiser wheels), would love to have the CE wheels if anyone has them.
- OEM Antenna Mast
- OEM air intake box (there's some goofy after market intake on this thing)

And yeah, i've promised her for now it will stay stock. It's her DD so we want it to be comfy, easy to get in and out of and somewhat fuel efficient.

Last edited:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Nice lookin' rig, Dave. What do you estimate it'll cost to baseline a 170k mile truck?

I have to admit, I've always wanted an 80, but have been skeered off by my dad's experience with a high-mile fzj80. I think he dropped about $3000.00 in maintenence costs aside from the OME suspension, new tires and rock sliders.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Baselining, fluids, filters and grease... couple hundred maybe. The key when buying one is knowing what you're buying, records and history. Besides, 177k is a baby. I bought mine many moons ago with 164k.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Movin' up from her Trail 90, eh? Well, on the surface it looks to be an impressive step up.

Seriously, congratulations.

Grizzley

Observer
Nice score, Dave. She's gonna love it. I think I do have a spare air intake and front bumper (not perfect) in the garage somewhere...

brentbba

Explorer
Bluto stole my comment - nice WHITE color! I can check at home as well for the air intake, but I think I tossed it a year ago.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
I was lucky enough to be over at Casa De Duo last night and see this new addition in person. Looks even better in person!

It seriously makes me want to sell my Jeep Grand Cherokee and get an 80 Series

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles