Adventure Trailer Teardrop SOLD

chips95

Observer
Well its time for an upgrade to something larger! After our last trip with our 2 year old and getting absolutely no sleep from all of the kicking and punching in his sleep we have sold the Jeep and bought a truck which we will eventually put an in bed camper in. So with that said here is my disclaimer: The Teardrop is a great camper for a max of 2 adults!
We purchased the teardrop used from Adventure Trailer back in November 2010 with the following options:

1. Overland teardrop kitchen includes full slide out kitchen unit with Partner Steel High Performance Stove, 3 locking storage drawers. Unit locks in open and closed positions to minimize movement in transit.

2. 12 Volt & LED lighting package for Overland Teardrop includes one interior LED dome light (red/white lights), two interior LED shelf backlights (red), two exterior LED porch lights (white). Two interior, two exterior and one kitchen 12 volt receptacles. One battery tray for group 31, cabling & fuse block.

3. Fiamma F-35, 1.8 (6' x 6') retractable awning and brackets (requires roof rack)

4 Engel MT-45 (42 qt) fridge freezer installed on locking sliding tray in Overland Teardrop kitchen

5. AM/FM/CD Stereo system installed in cabin with audio input for iPod.

6. Valve Regulated AGM group 31 deep cycle battery 105 Amp

7. Noco Marine Charge On board 10 Amp single battery charger & maintainer with Shore Plug

8. Thule 58" load bars and towers mounted to rain gutter simulators

9. Two Fuel Cans & AT Holders for Trailer

10. Steel Powder Coated Nose Box

11. Electric Braked Axle Upgrade with 10" drums, includes break-away kit 5 on 5.5

12. Mickey Thompson Classic 16 x 8, 5/5.5 with BFG 315/75R16 All Terrain

13. Multi Axis Coupler, 6000 lb, Class III

14. 19 gallon water tank, skid plate, electric pump, sprayer outlet, hose & fittings

Since purchase we have added aluminum spacers to change to a jeep bolt pattern and have AEV Pintler wheels with 35” KM2s. So the trailer will be available with your choice of wheels.

With all that said it has been a great little camper and has been all over this country from the Gulf Coast to East Coast and all the way to Alaska where it currently resides. Yep I said that correctly its in Alaska, Anchorage to be precise. We can work out shipping arrangements if need be. The Teardrop is in great shape but it is a used camper and has some signs of wear. Enough with the writing and on to the pictures, if you would like to see anything specific just let me know.
IMG_5479.jpgDSC_0037.JPGIMG_1161.jpgIMG_1169.jpgIMG_2407.jpgIMG_2902.JPGImage.jpgIMG_1144 copy.JPG

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Really nice - love that it has doors on both sides - no having to crawl over a person to get out...

Is the lack of a roof vent an issue on this - have you used it in warm weather? The door windows both have sliders and screens - right? Still wonder if it gets stuffy in there?

chips95

Observer
Really nice - love that it has doors on both sides - no having to crawl over a person to get out...

Is the lack of a roof vent an issue on this - have you used it in warm weather? The door windows both have sliders and screens - right? Still wonder if it gets stuffy in there?
We have camped in it in Central Florida without an issue, the doors do have sliding windows and screens. I did look into adding a fantastic fan but never got around to it. Condensation can be an issue when camping in cooler temps but we normally sleep with the windows open regardless of temps outside and just wipe the interior out in the morning of any condensation that collects. The camper is insulated which helps a lot with heat or cold and being a hard sided camper its great for bear country.

Septu

Explorer
Maybe it's a good thing my house didn't sell 2 weeks ago... I would have had some time booked off, and would have been on a road trip up there to snag this.

The selfish part of me hopes you have a hard time selling it so that it'll still be available for me to get it!

chips95

Observer
Maybe it's a good thing my house didn't sell 2 weeks ago... I would have had some time booked off, and would have been on a road trip up there to snag this.

The selfish part of me hopes you have a hard time selling it so that it'll still be available for me to get it!
And what a road trip it would be, I haven't had the chance to do the Alcan in the winter but it's on my to do list, and I'm sure you wouldn't have to deal with the Class A motor homes doing 20:sombrero:

chips95

Observer
A few more pictures

Some pictures of our travels in the Teardrop, hopefully someone can enjoy it as much as we did.

Attachments

• IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3140.jpg
    IMG_3140.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_3238.jpg
    IMG_3238.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 305

N2Jeeps

Hi,
I'm very interested in your trailer. Wondering if that rack is strong enough to carry a 2 person rooftop tent on it. Let me know or feel free to call me at 714-336-6333

Thanks
Nizar

chips95

Observer
Shipping Cost

Well there are a couple options to get the trailer to the lower 48, the first option is to put it on a one way unaccompianed trip on the ferry to Bellingham, WA which I believe is around 350-400 dollars and the purchaser would sign for the trailer at pick up. Shipping cost via road from Anchorage to the lower 48 are going to be all over the place depending on where you live but best guess would be anywhere from 1200-2000 dollars to the purchasers doorstep. This is one of the reasons I dropped the price from 16500 to 15500 as I know shipping is a huge cost to potential buyers. For any potential buyers I can do a shipping quote request via UShip and see what kind of bids come back.

chips95

Observer
Jeep

The jeep was great but it wasn't an AEV. I purchased all of the parts and installed myself which is why it doesn't have the nice AEV banner on the windshield. We traded it in recently and moved to a full size Ram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior