Adventure Trailer Composite Draws

MC4X4

Observer
Does anyone know the material the AT composite draws are made out off.
I have left a PM with at but havent heard back.
cheers Mark

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Does anyone know the material the AT composite draws are made out off.
I have left a PM with at but havent heard back.
cheers Mark

Mark

I'm sorry but at this point we are not disclosing what the product is. We have invested over 12 months in R&D to initially find a product we wanted to work with, and then testing to see if it would do what we wanted it to do.

I can tell you it's impervious to moisture, light weight, and extremely strong.

Martyn

We are however willing to cut and coat sheets to your specifications, or manufacture products of your design.

The composite isn't the type of thing you can go into your local supplier and buy. It's produced to order and shipped.

For the people who want one more clue........ it's bigger than a bread box.

MC4X4

Observer
my main reason for asking is there are so many types of composite materials. You have size that will suite my project. Can you answer this. Is it a timber based composite?
thanks for the reply
Mark

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Our composite is not a wood product. It is polyurethane based.

MC4X4

Observer
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was a polyurethane. Are these available now or are they still in the testing period
cheers Mark

Martyn

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was a polyurethane. Are these available now or are they still in the testing period
cheers Mark

Mark

The the Drawers are available as of the end of this week. We have the composite in stock for custom applications.

Terracoma

Adventurer
Since this thread is rolling already... Are there any plans for 20" by 36" long top-opening units?

Those of us with 6' beds can fit two 20" wide by 36" long drawers between the wheel tubs at the rear of our bed (at the tailgate), but then we'd effectively lose the 36" forward of the drawers and the ability to use the top of the drawers as a sleeping deck, short of fabricating our own ~9" tall by 40" wide forward section... I know a top-opening unit would be a *really* small portion of the clientele, since most ExPo'ers are SUV and Crew-Cab oriented, but my curiosity forces me to ask.

Sketches of my shaky description available upon request... :elkgrin:

Martyn

Since this thread is rolling already... Are there any plans for 20" by 36" long top-opening units?

Those of us with 6' beds can fit two 20" wide by 36" long drawers between the wheel tubs at the rear of our bed (at the tailgate), but then we'd effectively lose the 36" forward of the drawers and the ability to use the top of the drawers as a sleeping deck, short of fabricating our own ~9" tall by 40" wide forward section... I know a top-opening unit would be a *really* small portion of the clientele, since most ExPo'ers are SUV and Crew-Cab oriented, but my curiosity forces me to ask.

Sketches of my shaky description available upon request... :elkgrin:

Well it looks like you could utilize two drawers for the front, and then the outside boxes for the back. You wouldn't need the sliding inner drawer for the back two.

The back two boxes could be standard outer boxes with an extra back panel for each. The extra back panel would fit in where the face of the drawer normally fits.

You would have to fabricate a hinge, we could supply the lock. It may take a little drilling and hole cutting on your end. But it's do-able.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles