Adventure Tool Company's (ATC) 4wd Provan Tiger adventures

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Next day we ran up to a friends place upoutside Granite, Co and explored some of the back roads and was planning on going upto the old mining town, but the Leadville 100 race apparently comes through the area and there was a ton of cars and people in the area. Really cool old mining cabins and my wife's college mascot house along the way.ED656628-F327-4455-89DA-F7FA535ED218.jpegIMG_3257.JPGIMG_3259.JPG502CB7DA-1772-4217-BC29-F413E7ACAB2A.jpeg18CCEF20-30CC-4886-8EBE-0BB69950CB3C.jpeg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Got to boonedock along a lovely river and an abandoned RR line. Can't really see the boulders that have fallen on the tracks and ransacked controller, but I suspect not many trains come through here anymore. Lovely sleeping with the sound of the rushing river! Left no trace but our tire prints.IMG_3264.JPGIMG_3270.JPGIMG_3272.JPGIMG_3274.JPG

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
And, being a cruiser guy, we stopby Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs, Co to pay our respects to their great cruiser boneyard and the incredible work they do to keep them on the road!IMG_3277.JPGIMG_3279.JPGIMG_3280.JPGIMG_3281.JPGIMG_3283.JPGIMG_3284.JPGIMG_3287.JPG

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Z-71 Tiger! Found a set of original Chevy OEM Z-71 OffRoad option front diff and transfer case skid plates and got them installed. Ready for some rock crawling now!IMG_3319.JPG

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
And then Bubba says, "hold my beer and watch this....." and that's how a 60lb Ranch Hand Grill Guard gets installed solo! I know there's a lot of grill guards/bumpers on the market now, but I've had really great luck (aka: deer hits, etc) with Ranch Hand Grill Guards on my trucks so I went with another one on the Tiger. Hope to never need it!

IMG_3328.JPG

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Hopefully you never look back at this post with any irony about that moose sign in the background either!

Too true! I got that for my wife as a birthday present due to the slight encounters we have with bullwinkle around here.....IMG_1754.JPGIMG_1821.JPGIMG_1835.JPGIMG_1838.JPGIMG_1867.JPGCheers!

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
I don't know why, but I've seen few or zero moose in my travels in this state. I don't know too many folks that can say they've spotted several mountain lions and had a close encounter with one, but may have never seen a native moose.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
From what I've been told our house and property are in some form of migratory route and we are next too two large water sources. Depending on the time of year, we'll have herds of deer, elk and the solitary moose's passing through the yard and grazing. We have a number of bobcats, black bears and coyotes that hang around or wander through also. The one beast we haven't seen, but we know we have is a mountain lion. I frequently find his tracks in the snow or mud and bits and pieces of animal carcasses. The truth be known, my wife has asked that don't hunt anything on our property, so I suspect they all know it's safe to hangout and eat my grass.......IMG_0783.JPGIMG_0785.JPGIMG_0876.JPGIMG_1027.JPGIMG_1231.JPGIMG_2831.JPGIMG_3029.JPG

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Expo East is coming up soon and we'll be heading that way with some new gear. Due to the larger load I added upgraded bearings and bearing buddies to our trailer and a larger HD radiator today.IMG_3532.JPGIMG_3533.JPGIMG_3534.JPG

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Expo East is coming up soon and we'll be heading that way with some new gear. Due to the larger load I added upgraded bearings and bearing buddies to our trailer and a larger HD radiator today.

I've been warching your thread closely, I'll be at Expo East with Overland Package and can't wait to check out your stuff plus hopefully see the Tiger live and in person:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles